I don't see a style 17.

MedicineMan
12-03-2011, 08:23 PM
you should post pic from the builder :)

Kayan Sunburst
12-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Haha silly me thats what I get for doing this from my phone

it should be pommel style 6

I've also changed it up a bit and went with a fluted style main body with gaurded hole. Will this work with my latching switch?

Here is a picture, I've been playing with powder coating as well.

Zzan
12-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I've also changed it up a bit and went with a fluted style main body with gaurded hole. Will this work with my latching switch?

No, An AV switch is not a guarded switch (well, it is, but not the size that hole was intended for.) You will have to have the hole widened and probably add a Bezel (which you have)for it to fit If possible switch it to a SPST switch instead they are smaller. The DPDT ones are huge and you probably aren't planning on using the other side of the switch so don't really need a DPDT.

You will have to have the hole enlarged. There is a place for this in the store.

Kayan Sunburst
12-05-2011, 10:00 AM
If i wanted the same style switch I would have to switch to momentary? You have to hold momentary down? If I.understand what Ive read.

Zzan
12-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Yes, unless you have a driver that can make the momentary work like a latching, you will have to hold it down, which probably isn't acceptable, at least it wouldn't be for me.

You should be ok, as long as you have the tall bezel.

In my hilt I have one of the activation boxes with a DPDT switch and it only leaves maybe an 1/8th of an inch clearance between the leads on the switch and the wall of the hilt when all together. So as long as you don't need anything to go under that switch you should be ok.

Kayan Sunburst
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Awesome! Thanks Zzan