PDA

View Full Version : LED assistance

cyberhedz
11-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Since none of the sites that I know of have LEDs in stock, and I don't know the specs, will something like this work for a DIY Mako blade? I plan on using a pc5.1 whenever they are back in stock.

Color Red
Millicandela Rating 1800mcd
Current - Test 20mA
Wavelength - Dominant 623nm
Wavelength - Peak 633nm
Voltage - Forward (Vf) Typ 2.2V
Lens Type Clear
Lens Style/Size Round, 3mm, T-1
Package / Case Radial
Viewing Angle 45°

eastern57
11-24-2011, 11:04 PM
They're a little on the dim side, but they should still be okay. They're 3mm which means you won't get the same coverage as the 5mm, so you'll have to string them a little closer together. Also, they won't fill in a foam difuser the same as 5mm. The things that I'm looking at are MCD rating, viewing angle, and size. Current, voltage, and wavelength are usually standard and/or negligible.

cyberhedz
11-28-2011, 09:21 PM
They're a little on the dim side, but they should still be okay. They're 3mm which means you won't get the same coverage as the 5mm, so you'll have to string them a little closer together. Also, they won't fill in a foam difuser the same as 5mm. The things that I'm looking at are MCD rating, viewing angle, and size. Current, voltage, and wavelength are usually standard and/or negligible.

damn, i'm really after that plasma level of brightness, do you know the specs on the 5mm LEDs that he is using? or if someone can share when TCSS will have them back in stock.