PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader ANH hasbro

zoyac
11-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Hi, i just bought a Darth Vader Force Fx hasbro on ebay to do conversion on, but when i recived it i find out the speaker dont work, the saber turns on but no sound, so my question is. any of you lovely people here know how to change the speaker in a force fx battery pack? i got this place recommended to ask about this question, i have tried searching. But I can't seem to find anything on it..
my first time here and i hope some kind person have the answer i am looking for or at least guide me :)

Vlad Doon
11-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Well, the easiest solution is to buy the same darth vader's speaker/batteries combo. You often find some in ebay, and it's quite cheap.

You might as well open the black plastic over the speaker to check if it's not because of some cut wires.

Good luck

zoyac
11-20-2011, 02:03 PM
thanks for the replay:) i have tried to figure out how to open it, but not really sure where/how to open it without breaking anything, my first thought was to open it and have a look. but im afraid to break more then needed! :)

Vlad Doon
11-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Actually, you have to cut it where it's glued with a cutter. A dentist mill is perfect but I assume few people have one. The drawback of this method is you may break it :(. But as it's out of order anyway, you have nothing to lose :) . Try to reach the back of the speaker from the battery compartment, the area just between two batteries, it's hollow....

zoyac
11-21-2011, 03:16 PM
okay thanks :) i will give it a try tomorrow!

zoyac
11-25-2011, 04:56 AM
i was thinking, if i wanna do a convertion of my darth vader , and only use the soundsboard and the hilt, is it possible to get a new battery speaker set up?