PDA

View Full Version : New to posting, Joined in January, love the Forum

Darsha Sinis
11-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi,
I've been lurking, reading, learning and made an occasional post this past year as i've worked on my first lightsaber. It's taken me a year, because i've redesigned it 4 times.
What began as an Obi-Wan Episode I FX modified, then highly modified, morphed into a totally new design. I learned much this past year, and am almost finished my Sith saber. The grip will be wrapped tonight and tomorrow, it shall be wired up and activated by the end of the weekend. Then I'll post it to the Gallery so you can scrutinize, ridicule, and critique. : )
I'm also working on a costume to go with the saber, and a character bio to accompany both. As my user name reads, my character's name is Darsha Sinis. In my little world, Darsha should be the feminine counterpart to Darth, so my character is Darsha Sinis. The Sinis is an obvious take off of sinister, which in addition to meaning vaguely evil, also means Left. I'm a Lefty, hold my saber grip in the left hand, and my character is not pure Sith. She is a non-aligned dark side force user, from around the time period in which the Old Republic games are set. I'm still working out the details of her origins, development and fall.

Cheers All,
~Alison, AKA - Darsha Sinis

PaPa_FoZzY
11-17-2011, 05:47 PM
looking forward to it. I love seeing the freshness a new builder brings to the scene.

Boj-Vaati Mau
11-17-2011, 08:17 PM
It's good that you've read and experienced, I look forward to seeing what you've got.

Crystal Chambers
11-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Hey Alison! Good to see more girls building. Looking forward to seeing your saber. Welcome aboard.

dgdve
11-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Yep Welcome!! and CC is right.. but Im always impressed by the designs our sabergirls put out (lets face it you girls just got better style then most of us boys)... I cant wait to see some of your idea's!!

Once again Welcome
~dgdve