PDA

View Full Version : looking for a machinest

fau-pa ramid
11-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Are there any machinests out there with access to a 3 axis cnc mill that could help me make a saber hilt? I only have access to a 2.5 axis haas vf-oe and a mini mill. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
-pat

Ty_Bomber
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm pretty sure soliciting services here is against the forum rules and regulations. Tim offers many parts to create your own custom saber, not to mention the fact that he also modifies those parts further for an additional fee to suit customer specifications. Try talking to Tim first and see if he can meet your demands, just to be courteous. If you have a design in mind that you know won't be achievable with MHS parts (like a curved hlt, for example), I suggest posting on a forum other than this one to find a machinist. Keep in mind that this is the forum for Tim's business, and looking for business from someone who is not Tim on his business site is pretty rude.

Thanks for looking.

fau-pa ramid
11-03-2011, 05:27 PM
If Tim can help me that's fine. Idk how to get hold of him so if he could pm me that would be kool. Thanx
-pat

fau-pa ramid
11-03-2011, 06:22 PM
im not trying to step on anybodys toes here. i was talking to my boss about this build and he told me we didnt have the program to make what i wanted. plus we are really busy and on top of that he didnt wana program it anyway. he told me i needed a person with a mill that was a full 3 axis machine. i came to this community of people that do this kuz i figured some one would be able to help me. i truly dont mean any disrespect to anybody just looking to be pointed in the right direction. so if Tim is willing to work with me to get this finished then i would appreciate his help. -pat

Ty_Bomber
11-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Here's a link for you. He's pretty prompt, very reasonable, and very straight-forward about what he can and cannot do. If you can provide a visual of what you want to him, it will save you both some time, so I recommend preparing something for the first time you contact him.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ContactUs.aspx

If he can't help you, shoot me a PM, and I can recommend a couple people on these forums who could probably help you out. Hope this helps. Cheers.

xl97
11-05-2011, 07:12 AM
NO harm...no foul. =)

you didnt know.. (now you do)..

This forum is associated with Tims 'store'.

( www.thecustomsabershop.com )

so talk of sales and custom work in usually not talked about out of respect for him and his business here. =)

I suggest emailing Tim directly.. (although Im not sure if he has a 3 axis CNC mill..etc).. CNC machines for sure.. just not sure what 'level'..

Also.. FX-sabers.com may be a place you ca go to seek other info.

Strydur
11-05-2011, 11:13 AM
I do not know of any cnc mill that is not 3 axis.. left/right, in/out, up/down. The 4th axis would be a rotary table. So I have a 4 axis mill..

Skottsaber
11-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Tim has you covered then!
This is why I love TCSS...

cannibal869
11-05-2011, 04:02 PM
I do not know of any cnc mill that is not 3 axis.. left/right, in/out, up/down. The 4th axis would be a rotary table. So I have a 4 axis mill..

cool!
<starts to salivate...> ;)

xl97
11-06-2011, 06:53 AM
off topic..

then whats a '2.5' axis??

Strydur
11-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Got me.. I turned away this job though as it is a curved and oblong shape that would take a long time to mill.

FenderBender
11-06-2011, 08:05 PM
2.5 axis means it will go back and forth all you want, but wont go up and down to drop the claw until you insert more quarters......

Ronan
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
2.5 axis means it will go back and forth all you want, but wont go up and down to drop the claw until you insert more quarters......

Has anyone ever won at those darn claw machines?...

Skottsaber
11-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Has anyone ever won at those darn claw machines?...

The probability of winning at a claw machine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claw_crane#Machine_configuration_and_chances_of_wi nning) :mrgreen:

fau-pa ramid
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm sorry I explained it wrong. I need Someone with the programing to move em all at once. I could probly fake it but it would take alot more time then if i found someone with the program to run all the axises at once. Its a strange shape to machine. Ima hit up a few shops around here see what I can get done. If I didn't only want one and it wasn't such an unconventional shape I don't think I would be having so much trouble. -pat

cardcollector
11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
The probability of winning at a claw machine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claw_crane#Machine_configuration_and_chances_of_wi nning) :mrgreen:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhpktjzA4x1qf38wp.gif
Never tell me the odds!

KuroChou
11-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I've beaten a claw machine exactly once...

xl97
11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
my kids win all the damn time!

matter of fact they just won a stupid 'hat' from one on Sunday!!!!!

and about two weeks prior.. (at another location) they won a stuffed 'dolphin'..

no clue how they do it!.. lucky sob's! =)

Ronan
11-08-2011, 07:39 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhpktjzA4x1qf38wp.gif
Never tell me the odds!

Haha :D

But seriously... who shot first? :p