PDA

View Full Version : idea for 2nd MHS saber obi theme

Darren Morris
11-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey there i have a rough idea of how my new saber will look but i have a few questions.

this is my idea of my new saber but what i wanted to know was if there is enough room to mount an Activation box style 5?
on the 4" Double Female Grooved part with a 2x aa battery pack and us 2.0 sound board inside? I wish to use an Activation box style 5
because i plan on using 2x trust fire batteries and a recharge port with an led indicator and sps momentary switch.

MANY THANKS

DARREN

Silver Serpent
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
With the batteries side-by-side, I don't think you'll be able to fit the box on the same part. The switches will likely extend too far inside the hilt to allow room for the batteries. You can install the box on the ribbed grooved extension, though drilling holes can be tricky with the angled edges there. The AA pack isn't going to fit inside the ribbed grooved section.

You may be able to make a stick pack of batteries and make them fit that way.

Darren Morris
11-03-2011, 11:59 PM
hey Silver Serpent many thanks for your reply yea im gunna have to see what i can do :P

Xanatos1986
11-04-2011, 01:23 AM
If you make a berral style pack and use a short av switch the batteries will fit under your box either in the grooved exstension or double female grooved, I know this because it worked for me on the grooved exstension. Hope that helps.

MedicineMan
11-04-2011, 05:29 AM
This looks a lot like my build that I have waiting to put the electronics in.

here it is:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/arimore/Sabers/obi-clone_render-gimped.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/arimore/Sabers/obi_luke-hybrid.jpg

Knighthammer
11-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Looks like a great start to me.

Darren Morris
11-05-2011, 11:09 AM
hey xanatos im not to sure what a berral style pack is :s could you explain please.

many thanks

Knighthammer
11-05-2011, 11:39 AM
hey xanatos im not to sure what a berral style pack is :s could you explain please.
many thanks
Barrel style pack refers to the batteries being end to end vs. side by side.

Darren Morris
11-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Many thanks for the reply ill try this. Least i can keep my desgine :)