PDA

View Full Version : NEW Vintage Lightsaber Project

Asusx
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
any tips?
the "textured" part of the handle will be leather

"The crystal, the blade, the Jedi"

Hilt is gonna be built with 5 leds on it, one in the switch, the other four around the hilt, when the switch is turned on all 5 leds (and the blade) are Turnd on (obviously), I guess the blade is gonna be blue insted of green, becouse i was doing a arc reactor( iron man) and I bought to many blue leds, so is gonna be some " V3 Makoto saber". (yes i bought to many leds) so i have the base idea, but i dont know who to generate the AMP that i need, i think i'm going to use four 1.5V Batteries but i have no idea if i'm gonna get the result... so, any ideas will be helpfull!!

(sorry about the English, is not my oficial language)

Knighthammer
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Looks like a great design - looking forward to seeing this progress.

Vlad Doon
11-01-2011, 03:20 AM
What are you going to use, led driver, soundboard ? By the way, you can have your switch led on when the switch is off, it's an option (look at the diagram in the shop section)

cardcollector
11-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't like the emitter. The curved section clashes with the strong angles setup in the main grip, change that and I think you have a rockin' design.

Asusx
11-03-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't like the emitter. The curved section clashes with the strong angles setup in the main grip, change that and I think you have a rockin' design.

I See... hahaha oddly this emitter was the first designed part... but now i realise what you said, and I agree,(even thinking that the strong angles in the main grip are not so strong when your thinking about a cylindrical surface) What did you suggest; change the emitter design or the main grip setup angles to something rounded?

What are you going to use, led driver, soundboard ? By the way, you can have your switch led on when the switch is off, it's an option (look at the diagram in the shop section)
Well... I'm not gonna use a soundboart (at first) because of money (thinking foward, i might buy one used or blade-damaged lightsaber on eb*y just to get the soundboard) And about the led driver.. Guess i'll try to make one. but yes i'll use one. hahahah Yeah I like your sugestion, gonna make that way (with a power pin)

cardcollector
11-04-2011, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=Asusx;205338]I See... hahaha oddly this emitter was the first designed part... but now i realise what you said, and I agree,(even thinking that the strong angles in the main grip are not so strong when your thinking about a cylindrical surface) What did you suggest; change the emitter design or the main grip setup angles to something rounded?
[ /QUOTE]

you would be surprised at how angles can hold their look over a rounded surface. ;) If it were me, I would just change the emmitter. But it is your saber man. Make it how you like! :)

Xanatos1986
11-06-2011, 07:39 AM
I like this saber, its so sith looking though, BUT green looks good too, I like it a lot.