PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Question: The new Hasbro Fx with Removable Blade...Can They be Converted?

DigitalShadow
10-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Quick question can the newer Hasbro Fx Sabers that now come with the Removable Blades be converted as normal?(Such as the removable Anakin,Maul, Vader..etc) and if so then I can just purchase the conversion Kit for the One I own and convert it..or is there more involved now or what? The reason why I question it is that the new Hasbros has a feature in which the Saber just makes a Glitchy sound and wont cut on unles the blade was in so I didnt know if Hasbro has done something electronically to make it more difficult to convert these..Thanks

FenderBender
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
The long answer will end with "Yes". The short answer is that none of the existing kits (except I think the Vader) work for the removable blade FX's. Wade did an Anakin and nothing lined up. The Mace is a TOTALLY different saber now.

DigitalShadow
10-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank You..That helped me out alot..So, I actually have found a Toys R' Us about 45 minutes away that actually has a few of the Anakin and the Darth Vader, Hasbro Fx Sabers still on their Shelfs(collecting lots of dust) that Do NOT use the removable blades so..I am just going to purchase one or both from them..and then order the Conversion Kits now that I know whats going on...I think it would be kinda Kool if the Anakin was converted to a Red Lux

RattleHornet
10-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Although some modify was needed, I converted removable vader FX by using TCSS conversion Kit.

Build log is here (http://d.hatena.ne.jp/anderson/20110517)(sorry Japanese only and sorry for my bad English).

Strydur
10-28-2011, 10:02 AM
We will have a kit soon for the Anakin. For the other sabers I will make kits for them if someone wants to send a taken apart saber in for me to design off of. I will need to have the saber for awhile as I only work on these as I find the time. You will get your saber back along with a free kit. If interested shoot me a E-mail.

mrcrazynutz
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
just bought a vader hasbro fx with removable blade... will the current blade conversion work?
if the posted link works can anyone translate the Japanese to english?
thanks

JediKnightJMH
05-17-2012, 08:31 AM
They CAN be converted. More information later. I just finished my Kitt Fisto conversion and it works just great.

JediKnightJMH
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
For the Kitt Fisto, an Ultrasabers blade fit in it just fine. The problem is there was no possible way to add in a retention screw as there arent a lot of good locations for one on the KF. How the stock blade removal works is that you'd unscrew the emitter and pop the blade out, and the blade has a black plastic sheath pinned on that keeps it in behind the emitter.

I gutted the thing and then was faced with the task of keeping the new blade in. You could try modifying the black plastic sheath to fit the new blade, but I decided to just wrap clear packing tape around my new blade until it fit snugly in the opening. Measure how deep it goes in and where the emitter ring will fit over it, and tape up to that point, and then it will work like the stock model, except with an LED in the hilt.

cordaroyfog
06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
You could put in a blade retention screw into the ribbed area, its possible.

Jedi Mynock
06-25-2012, 05:16 PM
JMH, the question after all that is, how do you hold the LED, heatsink, and lens in the converted saber if you are using the original blade mount?

Tim, your offer is VERY tempting! would be cheaper than converting a flash handle at this point.

makototsai
06-26-2012, 09:35 AM
I has use my V3.1 blue led strip with Hasbro obi saber.
Use the original blade mount and soundcard, just change the led strip.

the effect is not bad.

after the led strip upgrade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szw7I95olB8&feature=youtu.be