PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

DarthJim
10-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello. I've been interested in building a saber for quite some time now and plan on doing just that as soon as I can get the time/funds. I'm very much a n00b but am willing to learn and try. I currently own two sabers of note. One is my MR Vader saber which is about 6 years old. The other is the new Ultimate FX Anakin saber which I got as an alternative to buying a more expensive one. The first thing I'm thinking of doing is converting my Vared saber. About 5 of the LEDs are out now and I'd really like to have a removable blade. But I'm starting to ramble now. So until next time...

Machinimax
10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
You definitely came to the right place to learn! Welcome to the boards! Oh and this might help you out with that conversion. Good luck and have fun!!! :)

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?1-05-MR-Vader-Done-amp-kits-available

Mandalorian
10-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the forums! Yes, the link above is a good one, and conversions are a great way to start out.

WARNING: Saber building is a very addicting hobby. Enter at your own risk.

Now that that's out of the way, have fun and enjoy your stay. ;)

jedi hound
10-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the forums!!

Boj-Vaati Mau
10-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Hail & well met! Buy parts as you go and enjoy your journey!

DarthJim
10-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys. I'm probably gonna be getting that conversion kit for Christmas...if I don't buy it for myself first. I was gonna get it for my birthday but I'm getting an Ultra saber instead. I'm currently impaitently waiting to get that in the mail.

Darth Odious
10-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Welcome! By chance, are you the same DarthJim from the Randomsabers forum?

DarthJim
01-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Well I still haven't gotten that conversion kit but I plan on doing so very soon. And yeah, Odious. I am actually the very same.