PDA

View Full Version : Geeze... I know the last time I was here was "a long time ago," but...

Firebird21
09-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Why can't I log into the store? Is it a different account now?

I was playing with my daughter and decided to grab the dusty light sabers off the wall and have a duel with a 2 year old. She loved it. Is it bad that she was looking for bunnies with Vader’s saber?

My original MR Luke and my upgraded Vader worked just fine, but I knew the MHS “basic” and the legendary (in my mind anyways) MHS ROTJ Luke had issues… (Dim LED) Come to find out, the Basic needs solder and fresh batteries and it’s going to be just fine. It’s been so long since I’ve messed with it I forgot I had replaced the Hasbro board for a MR. (“Wow, I don’t remember this thing sounding this good!”)

The Luke, with Erv’s Cristal Focus v.1, (Mmmm... Buttered toast...) was the one that worried me the most. I didn’t want that board to be the problem with the LED running at 20% brightness. So I swapped LEDs with the Basic and it worked as perfect as I remember! THANK GOD!
So I go to log in and order a new LED and some other odds and ends and I find out my account doesn’t exist. Gonna have to fix that…

So, anyways… What’s new around here?

TD-2272
09-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah the Petite Crouton!

Xanatos1986
09-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't know I'm new but welcome back man, my 2 year old daughter loves sabers too. Well you can make MHS graflex now lol I'm building one it in the a to z threads.

Sunrider
09-28-2011, 08:20 PM
I think you will be amazed at how much the sabers have evolved in your absence. :)

Lord Dottore Matto
09-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Welcome back man. Yeah, tons of new parts. Lux Rebel replaced Lux III and V. Petit Crouton (baby CF) is readily available and always in stock, tons of new talented folks...I think that about covers it.

KuroChou
09-29-2011, 07:13 AM
new led modules and BHs to go with them.

Firebird21
09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm just a little behind... I don't even remember what the max amperage is for the v.1. Think it will handle the new LEDs?

Sunrider
09-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Depends what led you're talking about. Their are a lot now. The Rebels are very similar to the lux 3s. many are using higher power ledengin 10w and other leds.

Lord Dottore Matto
09-29-2011, 10:00 PM
A V1.2 can handle any of the new LEDs up to LEDengin 10W because you can run at least 7.4V through it and the config will drive the LED at at least 1.5A

Jay-gon Jinn
09-29-2011, 10:04 PM
FIREBIRD!!! Welcome back, man!

Firebird21
09-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Well, I'm glad to see atleast one of the "Old Republic" here within 24hrs. Where is everyone? I feel like a Newbie again!

What is the best replacement new tec. green for my ROTJ Luke? The LEDs still have that color difference depending on the batch?

Sunrider
09-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Most of the people you knew are on other boards or gone. Best is going to be up to you. Colors are more consistent now but vary between manufactures. Color bins are not done any more but some different shades of colors can be found. Many are mixing colors with RGB leds for personal preferences. For green I would look at the rebel or ledengin 5w. There are also Seoul P4, Cree, and others.

Onli-Won Kanomi
09-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Welcome back.

CF is up to version 5 now! [and still sells out in minutes whenever Erv bakes a batch of Toast]. A lot has changed @ TCSS too since version 1...there is now an MHS Builder app that allows you to virtually mix and match the much wider selection of MHS parts to see what they'd look like before buying, even with powdercoated colours which Strydur now offers as a service along with a wide range of newer custom services. There are also discs and rods for making internal chassis and crystal chambers. A much wider selection of switches including lighted antivandal switches [and custom activation boxes for them] that have become almost 'standard' in high end builds nowadays as have Lithium Ion batteries instead of Nimh. Also newer translucent white and coloured polycarbonate blades as well as the clear with round or bullet tips.

We've come a long way baby...er, I mean Firebird. lol

Oh and yeah Sunrider is right the rebel green is a great choice - very bright and nicely green and hey its kinda apropos for a Luke ROTJ to run a "rebel" LED eh? Just be sure to get the requisite rebel lensholder and the 8.7 degree lens that is optimum for it.

Lord Maul
10-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Welcome back, Firebird! I'm still here though I've been a bit absent lately with real life and all. Sabers have changed a ton since you stepped out..what was it...3 or 4 years ago?