PDA

View Full Version : Colored cello wrap

Ripper
09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Has anyone used colored cello wrap? I almost got some but thought I should check to see if anyone has tryed it. I looks like it would work like a trans color blade. 4.00 bucks at party USA!

KuroChou
09-26-2011, 03:34 PM
There was a thread about this once...

Ripper
09-26-2011, 04:34 PM
I am going to find it. I wil find it.

Onli-Won Kanomi
09-26-2011, 04:41 PM
The issue with coloured wrap is the same as with colour discs; it is a SUBTRACTIVE filter so removes all wavelengths other than the cello's colour thus dimming the blade if you use a white LED. If you use a same-coloured LED [green led with green cello, blue led with blue cello etc] it may not dim it so much, since other colour wavelengths are already absent, and it can look coloured in bright light @ cons etc which was why folks tried it. ..but since then Strydur has sourced coloured polycarbonate tubing which can do the same thing for that purpose in certain colours so unless you are looking for a colour other than red, green or blue I'd suggest those instead of the cello.

Ripper
09-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah I would use red on red blue on blue and so on. That would be the plan. So I think I will try it on a project I am working on. Thanks!!