PDA

View Full Version : Wiring a AV switch to the PC-U.

thrgk
09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
The av switch has 8 connectors, does anyone have a picture of all the negative and positive connected wires of a switch going to the pc board? I have no idea how to wire it up, i read the online manual but it doesnt say about av switches and the 8 connectors.

Rhyen Skytracker
09-06-2011, 11:34 AM
You only use one C and NO for the switch (C1 and NO1 for example) and use the LED + and - for the LED in the switch. The others are not used on a DPDT AV switch. For a PC you will HAVE to use a momentary switch too.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp242/wadeh13/misc/layout.jpg

Jedi-Loreen
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
The only positive and negative posts are for the LED. You will need a resistor for the LED. The value depends on your battery pack voltage. You can find that info here on the Resistor chart: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/layout.jpg

The actual switch part does not have positive and negative. A switch just breaks the connection on either the positive or negative connection from the batteries to the board you're using, or the LED if you're direct driving it. Always use the common post ( C1 or C2) for one wire and the Normally Open (NO1 or NO2) if you want your switch button to stay depressed with the saber is on (for latching switches) or the Normally Closed (NC1 or NC2) if you want the button depressed when it's off and up when it's on (also for latching switches).

For momentary switches, use the Normally Open and Common posts.
Put your wires on one side or the other, either 1 or 2.

There are several posts here on the forum that tell you how to wire these switches. Please try looking for the information you want before starting a new thread.

Thanks.

thrgk
09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
i did not find any picture of a av switch wired.

Sunrider
09-06-2011, 02:16 PM
You just got even better. A full explanation of how it works. ;)

thrgk
09-06-2011, 02:50 PM
like this? http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5491 and then just the red wire goes to the positive part, and black to the negative, so in actuality only 2 wires are actually going from the switch to somewhere?

Will that wiring make it so, when i push the button it stays on, and when i unplug the kill key, the switch blinks untill i put a killkey in?

Sunrider
09-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Like Rhyen said use a C & NO pin for the AV switch & your done.

thrgk
09-06-2011, 05:27 PM
ok i got the C and NO thing, but where do i wire them too now?

Darth Xusia
09-06-2011, 05:55 PM
ok i got the C and NO thing, but where do i wire them too now?

wow... you should REALLY read the manual. It might keep you from messing the board up.

Rhyen Skytracker
09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
You will need 2 momentary switches too. There are 3 contacts on the PC for the switches. 1 is the gnd, 1 is for the main switch and the last 1 is for the AUX switch. There is a picture of where the switches connect in the PC manual.