PDA

View Full Version : tri rebel? please help

Xanatos1986
09-02-2011, 01:45 PM
what kind of led is this? I got this in the auction package from tcss. can I find a lense and lense holder? its green and i like it. I want to use it. thanks also not sure if its 3w 5w or what any help would be great.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/gregorybear1986/Snapbucket/1C3041BC-orig.jpg

also on my rebel deep read it says "saber" on it and this says "endor".... I think these led companys knew what these leds would be use for lol.

Nick Knight
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Endor Rebel Star - Green, Tri-Emitter. 7007-PM0-01-3 Specifications Max Continuous Current 1000 mA Forward Voltage 9.45 Vf.
find more information and lense and lense holder here.

http://www.luxeonstar.com/Luxeon-Endor-Star-Color-LEDs-s/89.htm

Hope i helped ya out. what # auction did you win?

Xanatos1986
09-02-2011, 02:06 PM
10 I think me and natesroom split the lot. So will a pc run this led good and bright?

Nick Knight
09-02-2011, 02:20 PM
You can i think. But you have to do some fancy wiring. I am no expert and never had a pc. But from what i have read and seen here you can. here is the manual for the pc
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/images/PC-L1.5Manual.pdf

Nice choke in your auction. Ya i got a W and Red led just like yours in my auction so i had to look all this up also.

Xanatos1986
09-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah next Friday I'm ordering the rest of the hilt for my graflex replica. I can't find a lense holder and the lesnses only go down to 18 degrees... I really like this color green. I wonder if Tim can give me suggestions...

Sunrider
09-02-2011, 02:51 PM
10 I think me and natesroom split the lot. So will a pc run this led good and bright?

Yes and no. Most that use the 3 rebel setup mount them on a star that puts them much closer together in the center of the board. Most run 2 leds off the sound board and 1 led off a PE for FoC. You can't run 3 in series from the PC cause it exceeds the maximum voltage of the soundboard. Most have given up on the 3up setup because optics are not available for our applications. :(

Nick Knight
09-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Tim is great! He has helped me with all kinds of crazy questions. ya finding lenses for these looks like its going to be a problem. I have seen people hear make there own from flash lights but cant recall where.
My red lit up great i was happy when i got it. So in my travels around here if i see any more info i will let you know.
Trying to find a good 10 watt amber cheep is my new problem lol
Always looking to trade parts if you run across any one with one.

Xanatos1986
09-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Thank you sunrider, sorry if this was a waste. I really like the green is thus color green the same as the rebel green in the store?

PhoenixReborn
09-02-2011, 03:57 PM
The only optics you can really get for that LED are a reflector. Thats why many prefer the LEDEngin LEDs.

Onli-Won Kanomi
09-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Yeah some of us had high hopes for these when they were first introduced...even the name "Endor" seemed prophetic of triple-bright sabers to come...

...but any prophecy remained unrealized because suitably narrow focus collimating optics for the Endor never arrived...we waited, and waited, and waited...

So the hobby moved past it to the LEDEngin 10w quads for which suitable optics are readily available; for our saber purposes its not enough to have a bright LED, its about getting that brightness up a narrow tube and two dice of a quad with good optics can beat a triple without good optics...as mentioned your best bet will be a reflector with that Endor LED.

ARKM
09-05-2011, 10:02 PM
This seems to be the best optics for the tri-rebel. Not sure if that's the same thing as the Endor or not.

http://www.luxeonstar.com/Carclo-18-Deg-Tri-Lens-With-Holder-p/10507.htm

It sucks that it's only 18 degrees but maybe you should get one, try it out in a blade and see how it looks.

Sunrider
09-06-2011, 06:24 AM
It looks like those fit the new star models that mount the leds backwards relative to the endors. :-(

sev95
09-07-2011, 09:20 AM
where do get these auction packages from TCSS? I have seen some great stuff people have gotten but I can't find where to get them.

Jedi-Loreen
09-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Tim only has Auction packages a few times a year. Whenever he feels like cleaning his shop. So they aren't something that's available all the time.

He will announce it in the Store News section when he does more Auctions. Since he just did one a month ago, he's not likely to be doing another one anytime soon.