Er Dan Gill
08-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Because this is how it comes back :-x:-x:-x:cry:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x170/ErDanGill/White Saber 3/DSCN0301.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x170/ErDanGill/White Saber 3/DSCN0306.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x170/ErDanGill/White Saber 3/DSCN0302.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x170/ErDanGill/White Saber 3/DSCN0307.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x170/ErDanGill/White Saber 3/DSCN0305.jpg
I let my boss take it with him on a business trip, needless to say my sabers will never leave my sight again.:mad:
I'm not sure if I can salvage it:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, because the blade holder is jammed in its current position and will not budge any.

Wong Yoon Wei
08-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear that man. It pains me to see your hard work being wrecked by someone else. Your boss totally shows a lack of respect for other people's property.

I duel with my saber every week and it's not even close to the wear and tear your saber has. Did your boss give you any reason what happened to it? It looks like it went through hell and back.

Xanatos1986
08-18-2011, 07:45 PM
try motor oil let it set for a hour then get a good grip and start turning, if that dosent work try the freezer, im super mad, I had a little boy grab my first mhs saber and totally screwed it up... but i fixed it...best of luck maybe you can revamp it....

Jedi-Loreen
08-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Holy crap! What did he do to that poor saber? :shock:

Looks like he threw it around on the sidewalk. :neutral:

I've only loaned my sabers out to friends, when I was there to see that they took care of them. They never go out of my sight.

Er Dan Gill
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure what he did. He wasn't at the shop today. The saber was laying up against my tool box when I got there. Problem is it's not my immediate boss. He's our regional vp of sales, and pretty much third in charge of the whole company. So I'm not to sure how to handle this.

Maurnick
08-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Looks and sounds like he showed it to a few of his friends on this business trip. Alcohol was probably involved.

Onli-Won Kanomi
08-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Was his business trip on United Airlines perchance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Seriously, that is Just Plain Wrong. Sorry to see any saber in that condition and he just leaves it without even facing you to offer an apology? What a mensch [not].

Wong Yoon Wei
08-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure what he did. He wasn't at the shop today. The saber was laying up against my tool box when I got there. Problem is it's not my immediate boss. He's our regional vp of sales, and pretty much third in charge of the whole company. So I'm not to sure how to handle this.

Being the number three in the company doesn't excuse him from responsibility. I think you should approached him personally and as civil as possible, ask him what happened to the saber. It is your property after all and you have the right to know.

captain_mills
08-18-2011, 10:37 PM
My kids have dinged my saber up a bit, but they haven't gotten to the point where the parts are lodged together. That sucks! What a lousy boss!

Off topic, but where do you guys go to duel on weekends!? I'd love to geek out with other saber owners and learn some real dueling skills!

dj2rbo
08-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Dude you should be happy. He did whether it for you. No Im just kidding. Now, when you got it was the threads already off 3/4 or did you try it and then it got stuck?

bk_renesis
08-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Wow... Just wow... That is just disrespect.

brett
08-19-2011, 04:39 AM
I can see this is a really difficult situation, both emotionally and perhaps financially job wise, I can only think if he has just left it lying like that for you to find he either a: does not consider it anything important, or b: was too embarrassed to face you, knows it is important and hopes it will go away.
Before you do make contact with him perhaps try and gauge which of the two it is, then you can start from a position of knowing he either doesn't understand, or is worried he has done wrong. Also, if he does not care, try to find something he does care about, like cars or golf, and equate how he would feel if someone trashed his machine or clubs he loaned.
Regardless, I truly feel for you mate. Hope something works out.

Crystal Chambers
08-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Wow! You could also offer to sell it to him at prime value so you can afford to replace it. He really should just own up to it. If he's that high up in the company he should be able to afford to pay for his mistake. Definitely something to handle delicately though...both your saber and working relationship.

Er Dan Gill
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure he took the blade holder off. Because the lens and holder are missing. The way the pics are is exactly how I recieved it. So that being said, I think I'm gonna write up an invoice for it, leave it on his desk and walk away. See where that leads and go from there.

mps
08-19-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't know how your relationship is with him to begin, but i would advise against just leaving him a bill on his desk. If you two are normally "cool" with one another, you should be able to go up to hi and say hey listen, this isn't cool. I put a lot of money into this saber and you just destroyed it. I would really appreciate it if you would reimburse me for the damage that you have caused.
Just handle it very delicately. Let us know. Good luck.

thejedilestat
08-19-2011, 04:48 PM
:???: so not cool

i like the bill on the desk idea that would go a bit better then an up front conversation at the start i would think. this saber looks like the caddy at the end of License to Drive :mad: again so not cool

Caine Drathul
08-20-2011, 01:06 AM
He owes you a saber...no question about it. He damaged your personal property and that is so wrong.

PaPa_FoZzY
08-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I made my 2yr old son's saber out of a sink tube and PVC and he has put that poor thing through hell and it doesn't look as bad as what your boss did. Boss or not, I'd be highly tempted to demonstrate the durability of a thick walled polycarbonate tube... After regular business hours of course lol

Darth Odious
08-20-2011, 04:40 PM
i like the bill on the desk idea that would go a bit better then an up front conversation at the start i would think.

I agree, I'd use the store to add all the parts, including powder coating costs, drill/tap, then give him a print out. Or at least show him the paper while confronting him so he knows this wasn't a cheap toy that's easily replaceable. Time money and care went into your hilt, don't let him off the hook.

Honestly, I get a bit nervous when other people, including my friends, siblings and girlfriend touch any my sabers. If your boss ever wants to use any type of saber, I'd point him to the PVC saber tutorial and tell him he's on his own.

Ronan
08-20-2011, 07:11 PM

If a lightsaber is worth your job, then go talk to him ;)

I would suck it up and file it in the 'must not do ever again' bin.

But honestly... if it's an expensive lightsaber (ie: PC, full crystal chamber, chassis etc etc i would approach him).

If it's not expensive, then i would let it go. He didn't show any sign of apologizing or caring (or he is too scared/shameful to approach you). Ether way, bad boss, bad person.

I don't normally do this but shoot me a PM with where you work, i'll see if my family or I know anyone there. What comes around... goes around :) Our arms extends quite far :D

stuart
08-21-2011, 04:53 PM
This economy stinks. Should you find yourself out of work because of this, you would sure wish you would have just dropped it. Consider it an expensive lesson and let it go.

Er Dan Gill
08-22-2011, 11:01 AM
After thinking about this over the weekend, I'm gonna let it go. This was a quick economy build to test the paint I used(obviously I wont be using it any more;) ). And if I can get the blade holder out I can salvage it. But this is no where near risking my kids well being over. Thank you all for the comments and advice.

Hasid Lafre
08-23-2011, 11:29 PM
I would say you owe me money for damaging my property, I would tell him flat out i dont care who you are you owe me money one way or the other.

Darth Odious
08-24-2011, 05:48 AM
Well, the next time you're up for a raise/review, I'd just drop the hilt on the desk.

Crystal Chambers
08-24-2011, 05:52 AM
Is there a human resource department at your company? I believe that's what they're for. Mediating any disputes that is. There's really no reason why this should put your job at risk but it is is wise to handle it delicately.

He did know this isn't a toy to be thrown around though right? Did you explain to him how to treat it? If so he's definitely in the wrong.

Umbral Lotus
08-24-2011, 09:12 AM
I don't care who it is, if I let someone borrow something of mine, and they return it broken, they owe me. Even if it's the President of the United States, they owe me.

Legally, they CAN NOT fire you, unless you blow your cool while confronting him, because, legally, he destroyed your property. It is ENTIRELY his responsibility, and if they even think about trying to fire you, you could sue their pants off, and win, big. Best to avoid that road, by being civil when you confront him. Bring a witness, someone you trust. Just lay down the cold hard facts in a civil manner and go from there. If he doesn't take responsibility, go above his head. Because if he doesn't, he shouldn't be third in command of a company.

That's my two cents. But I'm not the type to back down from what's right...

beavis4ever
08-25-2011, 05:27 PM
This is not a matter that concerns whatever company he works for. So involving HR is not the way to go about it. Since it is unrelated to work, it should be handled outside of work. The OP decided to not follow through with any action, and everyone should respect his decision.

Drichar Deis
08-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Well.. That sucks! But being optimistic it's pretty good weathering....

reapero0
09-02-2011, 02:19 PM
oh may god that saber is trashed:(

Sunrider
09-02-2011, 02:55 PM
I think all you can do is learn from this experience and possibly turn lemons into lemonade.:) I remember someone wanted to know how to weather parts around here. Maybe you can provide a service for these types. ;)