PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Armor

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Hey all! I've decided that I want to do a custom jedi armor for my character Ulin Marek. I'd like to do a cross of the TOR jedi with the Clone Wars jedi armor. Does anyone know where I could buy/ find out how to make the forearms peices, shoulder plates and legs parts? Much like what Plo Koon and Eeth Koth/ many jedi have in Clone Wars, but shoulders like TOR. Also, what would I make it out of?

renexardroma
07-19-2011, 03:19 PM
watch this you might be interested (this is what im doing and it looks good ,so far ive made the chest and shoulder plates. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxWzjyLpao

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I've seen this guy. He's good, but I'm looking for more of a Clone Wars Obiwan look. Know what I mean? But thanks for replying

renexardroma
07-19-2011, 04:20 PM
yea so what you could is look at pictures of clone armor and draw it large scale on a paper that's what i did with my mando armor or you could look for templets

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Do you know where I can find any templates?

Kalen Marek
07-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Hey
Hope these are helpfull armour tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1WK26NHx0o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb6CXGortrQ&feature=channel_video_title

Gonna use them myself when I get round to it:]

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey
Hope these are helpfull armour tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1WK26NHx0o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb6CXGortrQ&feature=channel_video_title

Gonna use them myself when I get round to it:] Holy Crapoleez, that second vid is SO COOL! I'm gonna do that!

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Yep, awesome technique! I followed the Mass Effect 2 armour on Replica Props Forum (great site BTW) so that covers my suggestion. ;)

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-20-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm looking right now at pics of TOR jedi to see what they look like. I think some of those looks peak my interest.

Alcfalath
07-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Like this armour?

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Like this armour?

Yea, like that. I think what I'm gonna do is that type of stuff using the Sci Armor Foam/ Heat Gun technique by BFX. That's my next project after finishing my saber.

cooky069
07-28-2011, 11:31 PM
if its any help . i was recently browsing a costume website and they had a whole section dedicated to starwars, from really cheap to very expensive . there was a reasonably priced obi clone wars one that with some work would look really cool. there was also 500 quid vader one that looked the dogs you would think it was straight out of the movies , i want it but the missus said no . il try and find it again and post a link

pointoforigin
07-29-2011, 09:33 AM
If you're after really good looking costumes, as in something that looks like it walked off the set of a movie, you need to be prepared to put in the time and effort. There are a LOT of resources out there. The most notable starting points for Star Wars costuming are the 501st Legion for the bad guys, the Rebel Legion for the good guys, and the Mandalorian Mercs for Mandos.

What you describe, a cross between TOR Jedi and Clone Wars, wouldn't be a costume that was officially recognised by any of these groups, but there are a lot of resources to find through the groups to make or buy the armour. Alcfalath's picture there is a good indication - that's a costume with vacformed armour, which is available to buy if you know where to look. The soft parts are extra on top.

Side note - Cooky, I'd love to see a screen accurate Vader costume for $500, even 500 pound. Most people who make screen accurate Vaders spend at minimum three times that much, often quite a bit more. Most places that sell complete costumes to the public sell things that are "Good enough", not actually screen accurate, though they may claim it is.

Jedi-Loreen
07-29-2011, 05:24 PM
The general rule in costuming is:

You can have it-

-cheap

-quick

-well made

Pick 2, you'll never have all 3.

If you want it quick and cheap, it won't be well made.

If you want it cheap and well made, be prepared to put a lot of time into it.

If you want it quick and well made, be prepared to pay a lot for it.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-29-2011, 05:42 PM
The general rule in costuming is:

You can have it-

-cheap

-quick

-well made

Pick 2, you'll never have all 3.

If you want it quick and cheap, it won't be well made.

If you want it cheap and well made, be prepared to put a lot of time into it.

If you want it quick and well made, be prepared to pay a lot for it.

Words of wisdom J-Lo

Natesroom
07-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Lol... i've been using that analogy in the sign industry for 15 years!

Jedi-Loreen
07-29-2011, 06:50 PM
It does work for different applications. ;)

face palm
07-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Interesting stuff. Definitely paying attention to this thread

KuroChou
07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Lol... i've been using that analogy in the sign industry for 15 years!

Reminds me of the:

Welcome to college
-Good Grades
-Sleep
-Healthy Social Life
Pick two.