PDA

View Full Version : Wiring help please. Could really use some help ><

GunbladeZero
07-17-2011, 04:23 AM
Here is my wiring so far. I'm stuck on the switches though, Could someone go over it and help me if you notice something wrong?

Wiring (http://gunblade-zero.deviantart.com/art/Wiring-thing-238923379)

Xanatos1986
07-17-2011, 06:15 AM
first do you know what what on the illuminated switch? like what pegs are for the led and for the switch? i can help after you tell me that.

GunbladeZero
07-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Well to be honest, no I don't know whats what on the illuminated switch and if you or someone has a diagram of what I'm doing. I would be grateful

Xanatos1986
07-17-2011, 10:14 AM
look at the diagram on your switch the very top + is the led pos and the very bottom - is the led Neg. to wire the light up switch try this wire NC1 to the switch part on the PC and the C1 peg wire it to a peg on the aux momentary switch the one they are combined run the combined pegs to the ground next to the aux pad on the PC on the left over peg on the Aux Momentary switch solder it to the aux pad on the PC.

try this if it works then install it.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/gregorybear1986/wiring_thing_by_gunblade_zero-d3y8ygj.jpg

Rafalema
07-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Why would you wire the AV from the main LED wire, when you can wire it to the accent LED pads and get more options in how it operates?

Xanatos1986
07-17-2011, 11:16 AM
looked and sounded like he wanted a power on led and thats how you wire it, page 15 in the manual.

Rafalema
07-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Yes, but you can do that with the accent LED pads, and if he ever changes his mind, he can make it blinky, or whatever he wants.

GunbladeZero
07-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Yes, but you can do that with the accent LED pads, and if he ever changes his mind, he can make it blinky, or whatever he wants.

So you mean I can just wire the positive wire of the illuminated switch to any of the accent lead pads or a certain led pad?

EDIT: Hang on! I'm such an idiot >< I'll bring up the new wiring diagram and let you look at it.

GunbladeZero
07-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Okay. After reading the manual again, I think this is the best wiring option to be honest.

I reckon this looks right X3

Xanatos1986
07-18-2011, 03:36 AM
seems right, I havent added accent leds to a PC yet but it looks right good job.

Jay-gon Jinn
07-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Okay. After reading the manual again, I think this is the best wiring option to be honest.

I reckon this looks right X3

Yes, that is correct.

Natesroom
07-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Why do you need a resistor in between the Illuminated switch going back to the PCL?

and your momentary switch next to it you wrote sound fx, blaster, saber clash. So you have to hit the button for all of those... Is it possible to separate out the sounds to a secondary switch?

GunbladeZero
07-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Why do you need a resistor in between the Illuminated switch going back to the PCL?

and your momentary switch next to it you wrote sound fx, blaster, saber clash. So you have to hit the button for all of those... Is it possible to separate out the sounds to a secondary switch?

The resistor is there so that the LED in the switch doesn't fry and no I don't think you can

Natesroom
07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
ok i thought the board controls that... there isnt a resistor for the P4 why is that?

Jedi-Loreen
07-18-2011, 08:47 AM
Because the PC has a driver for the main LED. You set the parameters for the current for the main LED on the board.

GunbladeZero
07-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Because the PC has a driver for the main LED. You set the parameters for the current for the main LED on the board.

So I guess I have to set the parameters first before turning on my Saber? Is there a thread for the correct parameters or is it a try for yourself kind of thing?

Jedi-Loreen
07-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Um, no. You find that information in the Manual.

The manual for the PC is on the Store page.

Don't even THINK about buying a Petit Crouton before downloading it and reading it more than once.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Petit-Crouton-Sound-Module-P612.aspx

Scroll down the page and click on the Owners Manual link to download.

GunbladeZero
07-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Too late XD I'm reading each section every night as I wait for my saber to get here

Jedi-Loreen
07-19-2011, 03:59 AM
So I guess I have to set the parameters first before turning on my Saber? Is there a thread for the correct parameters or is it a try for yourself kind of thing?
Then I don't understand why you asked these questions if you knew about the manual.

GunbladeZero
07-19-2011, 05:07 AM
One. Because I don't want to stuff up and fry the LED.

Two. I live in australia and I have to wait some time for my parts due to customs and overseas delivery

Three. It's an expensive piece.

gohno
07-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for this post and the responses. I was having the same struggles with the wiring (mine will be exactly like yours). I have one question though. Why did you choose NC1 instead of NO1? Its my understanding that NO1 should be used “when you want the switch to be off and nothing to pass through it with the switch in it's normal position, and for it to make contact and let power pass through it when in the actuated position”. I think this means that when you wire to NO1, the switch is open (normally), but closed when you press the button. Am I mixing it up?

GunbladeZero
07-23-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm guessing this is your first saber too? I can't honestly answer your question since I'm new to wiring but I know that this is the correct wiring procedure.

gohno
07-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Yes it will be my first Saber. Not sure if you have seen this, but this is a good link to explain wiring for DPDT Illuminated latching switchs. It was helpful for me.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?13162-SPDP-Illuminated-latching-switch-for-PC-U-questions&highlight=DPDT+Latching+illuminated+switch