PDA

View Full Version : Space check for my design.

crobemeister
07-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Being that ive never seen these parts in person im wondering if some of you could tell me if the internals i want will fit in my design. I've heard that the choke combo piece has a smaller inner diameter, will there be enough space in the 4" section to house the bigger internals like the speaker mount and batter pack and sound board?

MHS hilt parts:
BH 19
ribbed grooved choke combo
4" double female grooved without holes
pommel 7

Internals:
Premium speaker
speaker mount v3 (holds the 2xAA battery pack)
2xAA batterpack (will have 2x trustfire 14500's)
momentary AV illuminated switch (DPDT or SPST??)
Resistor for switch
1000mAh buck puck
Econo board (ill attatch it to the battery pack if thats possible.)
main LED

And here is a pic:

cardcollector
07-07-2011, 11:52 AM
You will be able to fit the BAttery and speaker in the extension, and the soundboard in the combo. Where were you planning on putting the AV switch?

crobemeister
07-07-2011, 11:57 AM

i want to put it where the arrow is. There will be an overlay over that part and then the switch on top of the overlay.

cardcollector
07-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I do not think AV switches (the illuminated ones) fit in the ribbed section... Someone correct me if Iam wrong.

crobemeister
07-07-2011, 12:33 PM

On the saber builder it looks like the shorter SPST switch will work. But is there a difference between the longer DPDT switch and the SPST switch?

Ari-Jaq Xulden
07-08-2011, 02:38 AM
I've done it, on kopika (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?12239-Kopika&highlight=kopika). The dpdt would need the activation box 2 (or similar size thickness box)to fit in a ribbed section, but its right there at the bottom. The spst is shorter and will fit. I would recommend going with the bezel or activation style 9. They will make your life easier with a seamless transition, and no countersinking for the switch into your overlay.

crobemeister
07-08-2011, 11:25 AM
thanks for the advice. I think ill go with the SPST and get the box 9 with it. By the way your saber looks awesome, i really like it.