PDA

View Full Version : Will they ever stock the Covertec Clip again?

GunbladeZero
07-07-2011, 08:55 AM
That's my only question :3

tachikoma1
07-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Tim says as long as it is still in the store, then YES. Otherwise they would remove it completely. I would imagine quirky little specialty items like that have to be manufactured specifically for TCSS. It's not like there's a huge demand for Jedi utility belt attachments out there.

Silver Serpent
07-07-2011, 09:32 AM
They're actually cell phone belt clips. The saber community jumped on them because 1: they're used in the movies, and 2: they do a fantastic job of holding your saber while keeping it accessible.

They will be back. Most places online are in short supply of them at the moment.

KuroChou
07-07-2011, 09:33 AM
The whole reason they're called "covertec" is because that's the brand of belt clip they attach to. They were originally used for cell-phones, so there should be plenty of stock floating around in the world. That said, I believe the ones Tim sells are made in-house, because of the specific radius needed on the backside in order for them to sit flush on the hilt.

SS was a few seconds quicker on the trigger....

tachikoma1
07-07-2011, 09:52 AM
I've never had a cell phone belt clip that huge and ugly. Must have been from the old Nokia Brick cell phones back in the mid '90s.

KuroChou
07-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Must have been from the old Nokia Brick cell phones back in the mid '90s.
Those, and the pagers before them. This particular clip style has been around for a long time. Most phone manufacturers have proprietary designs now.

Jedi-Loreen
07-07-2011, 10:07 AM
The whole reason they're called "covertec" is because that's the brand of belt clip they attach to. They were originally used for cell-phones, so there should be plenty of stock floating around in the world. That said, I believe the ones Tim sells are made in-house, because of the specific radius needed on the backside in order for them to sit flush on the hilt.

The buttons are, but not the clips.

KuroChou
07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Correct. I must not have been operating on all cylinders, I incorrectly assumed that's what he was referring to.

beggarsoutpost
07-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes...

Skottsaber
07-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Does nobody read the announcements... ever?
Specifically the one right at the top that reads "no more stock questions"?

Jedi-Loreen
07-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Apparently not..... :-|

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I care... ;)

GunbladeZero
07-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Does nobody read the announcements... ever?
Specifically the one right at the top that reads "no more stock questions"?

Hey, I only joined the forum a little while ago and I was just asking a question. I'm not sure where the announcements are anyway.

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-10-2011, 05:02 AM
The Stickies at the top of each section, Gunblade, i.e. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?8084-Please-no-more-store-stock-questions . Tim has had innumerable stock questions, if it’s still on the website it will be restocked.

Wong Yoon Wei
07-10-2011, 05:06 AM
His question is valid. I have not seen the covertec clip back in stock since like last year. In fact there are quite a few stuff in the store that has been out of stock for a long time.

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Dang! That is quite a while...

Loachri MacTalabh
07-10-2011, 06:55 AM
I have not seen the covertec clip back in stock since like last year.

I bought the covertec clip on 4/1/2011.

Wong Yoon Wei
07-10-2011, 08:54 AM
I bought the covertec clip on 4/1/2011.
In that case I guess it's of so limited supply that it's gone almost immediately when it was back in stock. I mean I check almost every week for the clip and it's always out of stock for me.

Loachri MacTalabh
07-10-2011, 11:38 AM
I check almost every week for the clip and it's always out of stock for me.

I used the FORCE ;)

dannv
07-11-2011, 08:52 AM
I found mine elsewhere since I need them for a costume and can't wait for when they might eventually be in stock.

Dan

cardcollector
07-12-2011, 05:05 AM
yeah, I got one back in April too. They are re-stocked, just check in a couple times a week.

Skottsaber
07-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey, I only joined the forum a little while ago and I was just asking a question. I'm not sure where the announcements are anyway.

Sorry to come off a little harsh. Generally the questions that can be answered with stickied/announcement threads are questions we hear a lot. Take a bit of time to read through them and master "search-fu" and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here :D

Jedi-Loreen
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Sorry to come off a little harsh. Generally the questions that can be answered with stickied/announcement threads are questions we hear a lot. Take a bit of time to read through them and master "search-fu" and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here :D
Quoted for truth.

KuroChou
07-14-2011, 06:13 PM
No one around here tries to hide that fact that this isn't the easiest forum to post on.
Admittedly, it's probably one of the least n00b friendly places I've ever been to.
The flip-side is that if you're willing to follow the stern and cryptic advice, do a little private research, and post a few relevant thoughts, most of the answers you need will find you.
You'll find answers to questions you didn't even know you had yet.
If you swallow your pride long enough to "read till your eyes bleed" and still can't find the answer, then you can come back having learned the terminology you need to ask a clear and concise question.

Once you do all of that, it's literally like lifting a veil of comprehension. Suddenly everyone will seem infinitely friendlier and more knowledgeable; and by then you'll see the next generation of new members, asking the same basic questions and feeling jilted when they're not coddled. You'll more than likely find yourself telling them to search and read and follow all the same steps that led to where you are, rather than giving them the handout you never received. In the end, that's where every scrap of knowledge on here came from. Someone gave up their own time and money to do the research. All you have to do is read it.

We might not be the most approachable community, but if you find enough respect for those who came before you and follow our traditions, you'll find some of the most supportive colleagues of your life.

dexios
07-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Just a warning! I bought a covertec clip on amazon for my wife, and it DID NOT fit the covertec clip on her saber (from TCSS). That's the machined aluminum one, NOT fitting into a belt clip from amazon. I believe Tim stocks a specific brand of 'covertec type' clips, because the one I got from him is much more solid. But it will not fit the one I got from amazon. Risking getting flamed, I'm posting a link as a DO NOT BUY if you want it to fit smoothly with a covertec button from Tim:

Once again, DO NOT BUY from the above link... It comes in a ziploc bag, is cheapy, and doesn't fit with Tim's stock... Just a warning to save everyone 9.95 and a headslap... :)

Oh, and I completely agree with KuroChou...

Also, it's true that these forums have a bit of a learning curve, and a lot of the writing is very technical... But saber building? It also has a learning curve, and is also technical... Once you get a handle on the forums and forum-speak, the saber-building becomes MUCH easier. Also, being a DIY forum (and community), it is SO much more satisfying when you power up your first saber when you've done the research yourself. That being said; it's all relative, because the research really IS done for you, you just have to read it here instead of starting completely from scratch...

Jedi-Loreen
07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Hmm, I didn't know that those style Covertec clips don't work with the knobs/buttons.

Tim used to stock those, too. Maybe that's why they aren't on the Store page anymore.

dannv
07-15-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but ti looks like the screan accurate covertech belt clip is either not made anymore or made in very limitted quantities. I found them in stock with a vendor in England, but that was hte only place I found that style. Everyone else had the newer style shown above. Definitley doesn't give the same look, either.

Darth Odious
07-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Those clips (silver and black) DO fit the black button and the brass button just fine, I've been using them for a couple years now since the square one started becoming difficult to find. I actually prefer them since the silver part on the clip feels slightly rubberized.

dexios
07-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Well, the reason I posted the link is that it does NOT work... Not to go back and forth with you, but the link I posted does not fit. Now, like I said, I received it in a ziploc bag, not a covertec package or oem packaging, so it's probably a knockoff... If you still don't believe me, I'd be more than happy to sell it to you... ;)

I'm sure there are other places to get a clip that works. The reason I posted the link was to warn people that the clip being sold by that seller doesn't.

Jedi-Loreen
07-16-2011, 07:03 AM
And with that, I think this thread has run it's course.

Locked.