PDA

View Full Version : Parts Check

gohno
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Hello,
Would appreciate checking parts before I order.

Hilt style 1 with standard style switch hole
3" Double female threaded connector
Double ended male threaded connector style 1
Screw on LED blade holder style 17 "new style"
MHS "new style" Heat Sink
MPS Pommel style 2
MPS insert style 12
MPS Clip
Activation box style 7
Activation box style 9
Luxeon Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
Luxeon Rebel Lens Holder
Luxeon Rebel Star (Royal Blue)
LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)
Petit Crouton Sound Module
Premium Speaker
MHS speaker mount V2
TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery (2-Pack)
PCB for 7.2V Li-ion battery packs
DPDT Latching red illuminated switch
DPDT Momentary red illuminated switch
270ohm 1/4w resistor
2.1mm Power Jack
Kill plug style 2
8-32 x .3" Gold thumb screw

Thanks in advance.

cardcollector
07-09-2011, 05:17 PM
It looks good to me, you might want to consider getting some chassis disks to mount your PC on... :)

Question, can you post up a render of your saber? I would like to see how you plan to mount the two activation boxes.

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm thinking that either Box 7 is over the Standard hole with Box 9 in front on the 3" extention or it's the other way round. Kinda funky having two of them on a hilt but I can see where the accessory switch and Recharge Port would be enhanced by Box 9. Curious....

gohno
07-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I did end up ordering 3 of the chassis disks, and I few other items but I removed them from the list since it was getting so long.

I’m not very good at Photoshop, but here is the idea.

I’m planning on putting the aux switch on the Activation box style 7 as inspired by Jay-gon’s Chrome Saber 36 (CS-36). I also decided on a different blade retaining screw as per the rendering.

Thank you very much for responding.

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Interesting, a Luke Vader or a Darth Skywalker? Are you planning on any colors or going with it as is?

gohno
07-10-2011, 07:47 AM
No paint for now. This is going to be a co-project with my son. He is insistent that it be an Anakin Saber. This was the closest I could get without going the Graflex route. He is very excited and it should be fun to build something together.

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Good on ya, mate! That'll be good father/son time for you both. I used to work on a paper model of Ronneburg Castle with my daughter...