PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Tampa

Tsaos
06-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi all,

I am a long time fan of Star Wars and I have done the responsible job as a parent of raising my kids to love Star Wars as well! :D Recently, my kids wanted some PVC lightsabers, so while checking things online, I ran across this site. Now, I made PVC sabers (spray painted the blades, no lights/electronics in them) and they were happy with that (for now). However, I do want to make some awesome blades for them as well.

My current interest though is to make a "light staff" for a photoshoot in late July. I am quite familiar with "search" functions and I have been doing that on this site and the FX Saber site for the past couple of days and have gotten a wealth of information. Being new to this whole world of lights and electronics, I am sure I will have questions.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to interacting with y'all. Oh and it was one of Novastar's youtube videos that brought this site to my attention.

Boj-Vaati Mau
06-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Hail & welcome! Enjoy your stay & post your builds. In general, we're happy to help out around here.

jin starkiller
06-28-2011, 03:11 PM
welcome to the forum

and read all the stickies because their is a wealth of information in them that might be the information that you will be seeking and good luck on your new hobby that will affect the wallet ...:p

Yoshi-Taka
06-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Another user in Florda? Awesome. Welcome aboard

Tsaos
06-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Another user in Florda? Awesome. Welcome aboard

Thanks for the welcome. ... So after reading a few posts, I have all these awesome ideas about making a black lightsaber, where do I post those? ;) I'm just kidding!!! lol Please, no exploding brains or the like.

(null).exe
06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
*stabs the newbie*

Welcome to the forums. Glad you got that out of your system while it was still slightly humorous :P

cardcollector
06-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Yuk yuk yuk...
This newbie has a bit of humor in him. :)

Welcome aboard. :cool:

Jedi-Loreen
06-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/Smileys/smiliewatchingyoute2.gif
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/Smileys/JediKnight.gif

;)

hebert466
06-30-2011, 10:24 PM
ha, ha, ha...welcome to the forum.:cool:

And Jin...every hobby has its price! As all may have heard this...the difference between men and boys are the price of their toys.:shock:

stegasp
07-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Welcome!

Xanatos1986
07-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Ah Tampa good beaches, I live 45 min from tampa. Welcome and hope you like the hobby.