PDA

View Full Version : Petit Crouton Question.

Machinimax
06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
For those of you who have worked with the Petit Crouton before, I have a question. If I want to run the board with a white Seoul P4 and no accent LEDs, do I need 3.6V or 7.2V to power it? Also, did I hear correctly that the sound bank on the Petit can now be customized with your own sounds rather than being restricted to only the Light and Dark Meat fonts? Thanks a lot!!! :-D

Rafalema
06-23-2011, 11:15 PM
You can use 3.6/3.7v but the LED will be brighter on 7.2v.

Yes, you can customize the sounds now. Read the store page, "These are now the unlocked versions"

Silver Serpent
06-24-2011, 05:07 AM
The Petit Crouton was designed to be run with a 7.2v battery pack. The speaker volume will be better and the LEDs can be run brighter.

Machinimax
06-24-2011, 06:32 AM
The Petit Crouton was designed to be run with a 7.2v battery pack. The speaker volume will be better and the LEDs can be run brighter.

Now if I use a 7.2 pack with a white Seoul P4 on the Petit, I assume a resistor will need to be thrown into that mix as well. If I calculated and researched correctly, I'll need one at about 2.5 ohms?

Azmaria Dei
06-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Now if I use a 7.2 pack with a white Seoul P4 on the Petit, I assume a resistor will need to be thrown into that mix as well. If I calculated and researched correctly, I'll need one at about 2.5 ohms?

the PC is an LED driver - it autodetects what voltage the LED needs and gives it to it. you do NOT need a resistor.

i really need to add that to my sig...

Crystal Chambers
06-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Nope, no resistor for the P4. PC drives the main LED and detects the voltage so you just need to specify amperage in the configs...the manual will tell you the specifics on how.

And Az complains about lag...beat me to it.

bk_renesis
06-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Also with the p4, you can run it at 1.5A, the max current for the led driver. Very bright!