PDA

View Full Version : USPS Priority international Flat rate box

Wong Yoon Wei
06-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I am hoping TCSS would offer the USD14 flat rate box for international customers. It's a small box but works great for minor stuff like blade tip, led module, heat sink, screws, even the PC-L.

I have been meaning to order some blade tips, batteries, and a charger but the current cheapest shipping option for my region is just painfully overpriced. The price I was quoted for uses a larger box that is enough to ship one whole MHS saber worth of parts.

cardcollector
06-10-2011, 08:24 PM
It would be best to email Tim with this request. He us great with customer service and might be able to help you out.

neogardyn
06-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Something like that would make me happy immensity. Sometimes I do not make me order because shipping is a lot of money, especially for small things.

bk_renesis
06-21-2011, 05:40 AM
+1 for the above.

Wong Yoon Wei
06-21-2011, 06:17 AM
I already e-mailed Tim directly about this and he explained that it will not be offered because tracking is not available with the small flat rate box. I totally understand that reasoning because it does get tricky if someone who actually received the item claims that they didn't and filled a claim with paypal. Tim will have no way to prove it to paypal and in situation like these, paypal will always side with the buyer.

A more important concern for me is Tim's refusal to mark down an item value. The customs here actually calculate tax by taking into account the cost of shipping and many times, I had to pay more tax than I should because of the high shipping. Worst, I had to drive one hour to another state to settle the matter.

Skottsaber
06-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Marking down the value of a package is called fraud. It also happens to be illegal.

Wong Yoon Wei
06-22-2011, 03:58 AM
Downloading movies and mp3 are illegal too. Who isn't doing it?

My point is, while it doesn't make it right, marking down a package value is hardly a matter of national security and not exactly uncommon.

Think of it as an incentive or customer service to encourage customers to buy more. If I have to worry about high shipping charges and taxes all the time, I will buy much less frequent.

Many times I want to order everything in one go only to scrape that idea because one or two items I need is out of stock. If I wait for them to be back in stock, inevitably some other items will be out of stock by then. If a cheaper shipping was offered I could just order them separately. Since it isn't I have no choice but to bulk them all together and then face higher shipping charges and taxes.

Sometimes I think it will be simpler if I just get some local member to get a bunch of stuff for me and then shipped them to me using the 14USD flat rate box.

It's great that shipping only costs a few dollars for locals.

Kaiozero
06-22-2011, 05:20 AM
I think the shipping is very reasonable, I dont think I have paid more than $45 for a big order to Australia which is far far away. Plus its always packed so safely :) Much better compared to items I've gotten off eBay.

Quite lucky here though we dont pay import tax (10% GST here) unless an item value is over $1000.

brett
06-22-2011, 05:44 AM
I find mailing to Australia is around $35-40 even if it is a $2.00 part, so I wait to build up the items required. Sure, I would love to be able to order a blade holder here, pommel there, but on the plus side, you can order quite a few things before it rises ABOVE $40. Shipping to other countries is always an issue, but I think Tim , by keeping everything above board and the same for all, is doing the fairest thing for everyone. (And lets not forget, being thankful that there is even SUCH a shop in existence to buy from. Thanks TIM!!!)

Jedi-Loreen
06-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Downloading movies and mp3 are illegal too. Who isn't doing it?

I don't.

Tim isn't going to do something like this that could risk his business.

People have had their say, now I'm locking this thread before it can become a flame fast.

Strydur
06-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Flame Fast? Is that where people do not flame for a week? =)

Jedi-Loreen
06-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Eh, I wasn't quite awake yet.:oops: