PDA

View Full Version : New build, what did I forget?

dannv
06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Ok, I've read the tutorials here and am needing to get started (I need 2 complete by August.) Here is what I have so far:

Pommel style 3v2
7" Fluted double female connector
choke style 2
Blade holder style 18 w/heatsink
insert style 7
(clips are out of stock)
Activation box style 2

Premium speaker
Gold Plated momentary switch
momentary switch
6-32 head cap screw x2
Covertec clip
Seoul P4 Green
Thermal Pad
Lens holder
10 degree lens
BuckPuck 1000mA, 4 wire
Batteries to make battery pack
Charger
(charge port OOS)

Already have:

Econo Board
Assorted plugs

I'll need to drill the connector for the switches and recharge port to match the box style 2 and I'll need to make a battery pack to fit inside with the sound board. For that I am looking at 8 AAAs configured to give 4.8V and 2000mA. Thoughts? How would an 18650 do instead?

What have I missed?

Thanks.

Dan

Jedi-Loreen
06-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Buck pucks need a minimum of 5V to run. More that 5V is better.

dannv
06-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Buck pucks need a minimum of 5V to run. More that 5V is better. Ok. Thanks. THe store LED and resistor deal shows the 1000ma Buck puck with 4.8 volts. I appreciate the info.

Jedi-Loreen
06-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Hmm, the buck pucks are a new addition to the Resistor Chart. I would say that might be an error to put a buck puck with the 4.8V set up.

This is from the Store description:

1000mA BuckPuck LED driver.

This is the 4-wire version without the CTL and REF wires.
These are used in place of a resistor and are much more efficient.
Min input voltage is 5v.
Max input voltage is 32v.
This 1000mA version will provide the correct mA for most Luxeon III LED's or any LED requiring 1000mA.

The driver can easily power multiple LED's as long as you provide enough voltage.
IE.. you need around 5v for one white Lux III, 8V for two white Lux III, 12v for three etc..

dannv
06-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Hmm, the buck pucks are a new addition to the Resistor Chart. I would say that might be an error to put a buck puck with the 4.8V set up.

This is from the Store description:

1000mA BuckPuck LED driver.

(snip)

Yeah, it does seem a bit contradictory, doesn't it? I may try one to see, but I'll definitely need to have a resistor on hand so I cna use it instead as needed.

Thanks for the info. I really appeciate it.

Now, if I can get me wife to decide on what she wants, I'll have two to get built before the middle of August.

Dan