PDA

View Full Version : My Second MHS saber parts arrived! now what...

Jedi Mynock
06-07-2011, 07:34 AM
so i just got a nice sized order of parts yesterday. now i am wondering what im going to do with them! lol

i was going to use BH1 from my first saber, but now i am thinking about keeping my first MHS intact as a sort of reminder and pure sentimental keepsake. still works and everything, bought most of these new parts to "update" but ended up being like 90% new stuff anyway haha

so here is what im working with...

BH1 version
http://i56.tinypic.com/t0syg2.jpg

and might give it a shroud making it look like this but as close as i can get it to a graflex *very similar to the shroud on the saber captain mills has in his sig!
http://i52.tinypic.com/2zz24hs.jpg

or my final option is a whole new BH that i think would look great...
http://i51.tinypic.com/2j17576.jpg

let me know what you all think!
i might make the shroud in different materials to see what i like best. either copper, brass, or aluminum, and paint the protruding top section of BH1 either metallic copper or textured copper. probably just a blade retention thumbscrew in place of the bunny ears.
but man that BH16 looks cool... ahhh cant make up my mind!

oh and for the rest of the build, i hope to start a build log soon.
specs so far:
PC-L (lightmeat)
P4 white (yellow disc) might replace with white ledengin 5w
trustfire 2400mah 3.7 (will upgrade to 7.4 with ledengine)
recharge port in a crazy location (highly experimental and depends on how kind of ports i can find, gonna be a tight squeeze!)
chassis disc mounted, no crystal.
NOM NOM NOM!

Big_Furry_Oaf
06-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I like style 1 the best, especially if you're going to make a shroud for it.

Machinimax
06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
First off, these are all great designs. Second, I agree with Big_Furry_Oaf. If you're gonna make the shroud, go with the first style. Good luck!

Jedi Mynock
06-08-2011, 08:59 AM
yeah i have been wanting to do something with a shroud. so now i need ot choose a material.
brass (sinktube), aluminum (TCSS), or copper?

thanks for your opinions. making sure i am on the right track here so i dont "go the easy way" and screw up what could have been an awesome saber haha
but the beauty of MHS is, i can always change it if i want later... ; )

(null).exe
06-08-2011, 09:25 AM
If you want to stay with everything looking shiny and new, go MHS Sleeve material and polish it up.

If you want a more grungy look, I would go with a copper shroud, then just let it tarnish through handling

Jedi Mynock
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
or maybe paint a TCSS shroud with copper paint? or powdercoat? hmmmmm...

*Okay, so i cut a sink tube shroud, sort of graflex shaped, stopping just short of the angled section of the choke (covering up the seam between choke and BH).
not sure what color to paint it, i think i will try a very light olive oil bake on bare brass. maybe copper metallic paint for the BH, even though it might be too "starkiller" but i can always re-paint if i dont like it.

now i just need to polish the chrome off the sink tube, paint/bake the shroud, paint/bake the BH, paint/bake the rear grip section, and it will be almost done, cosmetically.
oh and it needs some bunny ears or... SOMETHING. it looks really plain with just the thumbscrew. not sure if i want "traditional" bunny ears or not though. i have some scrap sheetmetal i will play around with. might make it a MSS (modular shroud system) lol

and yes i know, PICS! will get them up with an "official" build log soon...