PDA

View Full Version : thejedilestat's PC-L(darkmeat) MHS saber

thejedilestat
05-28-2011, 12:14 AM
well its not done like all my other sabers so i will update this in time,

the plan now is to use a Rebel red in this saber but i dont know if im going to use a deep red or normal red

to do list:
PC-L (only wiered for testing so far)
build crystal chamber (oh what a pain)
build sled for sound board/batterys (oh yet another pain)
instal switch and aux switch into pommel insert * (done but i have to redo it in another insert)
find rechage port location (will be placed in chassie)
PCB for 7.2V Li-ion battery pack *
build custom battery pack*
buy 3.7V-14.8V Li-Ion Smart charger*
more to come

not much but it "is" a start

brett
05-28-2011, 07:56 AM
A very interesting start, do not think I have seen this sort of pommel switch set up before. If the rest of the build is going to be as unique you are going to have a really individual,well made saber. Good luck!

Skottsaber
05-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Very interesting, both switches in the pommel.

thejedilestat
05-28-2011, 03:57 PM

================================================== =================================================
*update*

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5306&d=1308191033

im no longer useing this blade but im gonna leave the photo cuz it looks nice =)

thejedilestat
06-17-2011, 12:52 AM
ok so all my 4-40 heatsink screws have vanished i had 8 or 12 poof gone. my last 2AA battery holder some how ever so slowly fell from my hands with batterys in it and smashed into bits. my best hand file which i use alot is now bent. i have resistors that i cant rember what they are for and cant find the papers with it writin down. my soldering iorn in on its last leg so if i use it it mite just be the last use i get out of it. the only day off i may get is july 14 my birthday so i may now spen it hunting down parts/things i really REALLY need but if i do i know im not going to find them all.

(deep breath).....so yeah thats whats going on with this build. i love life out of the city but i hate the hour drive to go and look for parts which takes forever. i did also test the sound from the pommel and with the 2 swich set up i have there is still great sound from the holes so yay me.

Happy 333 Posts to me... only half evil =)

================================================== ================================================== ========================

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5489&d=1310960445
i have a new toy to play with >=)

my last order of parts are on the way to me now thanks to TCSS so i will move this build along once parts are in hand.

thejedilestat
08-27-2011, 12:38 AM
ok first off i made my 7.4v bat pack woot woot easy thing to do thanks to Skottsaber's spoon feeding bat pack how to =). but a new pain in the 1,19,19 i removed the switch and aux switch to my PC-L(its not unlocked yet) and tucked it away and today i pluged the 7.4v in to it and it booted up fine but then it turns on with no switch being attached to the board. now of corse it must be some solder making the connection but i had a good look and i cant see anything on the switch pads on eather side of the board.i used a magnifying glass and still couldent see anything on it so im a little at a loss, i tryed useing my solder sucker on the pads after i heated them up but no dice.

so in short help please =/

Skottsaber
08-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Glad to help with the tutorial :)
Did you solder to the board at all while you had the recharge port attached (even with the kill key in)?

thejedilestat
08-27-2011, 04:46 PM
i never solder to the board when its connected to the battery pack but i didnt have it connected to the recharge port at all i had the pack and board connected by 9v connectors. the recharge port im holding off on cuz i need to find a spot for it in the chassie so the back end can slide off the saber like silent redemption and xanatos1986's wifes saber. im going to look over the pads again today to see if there is some other thing i have over looked and im going to get some wire strip it and make a solder braid to go over the connections.

your tutorial was a big help skott the only thing i didnt do was remove the led connector from the PCB but is that connection for a charge light for the PCB at all, some kind of PLI for the battery pack? cuz me thinks another light in the chassie/crystal chamber wont hurt =)

Skottsaber
08-27-2011, 05:11 PM
/facepalm

I might have breezed over the reason this happens to people 99% of the time.
Check your config file, default switch setting is for latching, the board will turn on with no switch attached.

thejedilestat
08-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Check your config file, default switch setting is for latching, the board will turn on with no switch attached.

now why didnt i think of that =/ im going to look now even though it should be set to use a mom switch, looking wont kill me so off i go

ok had a look at the coppy of the config file i saved to my laptop and its set to 0 and it should be set to 2 for momentary switch

so i changed the config file to 2 insted of 0and i tested my lightmeat set to 0 and my darkmeat set to 2 and TADA! hehe oh how silly i am not to think of that thanks skott