PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do you fit the mps clip into a pommel?

Viper1
05-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Ok,

So I'm dead excited, my first Saber kit has arived and I've read through all the tutorials however none of them mention how to fit the mps clip into a pommel to secure a pommel insert.

I'm sure there is a really obvious technique to this and I'm going to look like a bit of a fool for posting this, but for the life of me i can't figure out how to squeeze the clip inside the pommel:oops:

Silver Serpent
05-23-2011, 08:42 AM
There is a specific tool for installing these. Snap-ring pliers is what you want to look for. You may be able to do it with some needle nose pliers and a bit of effort though.

Wear eye protection when you're doing this. There's a lot of tension when you install these, and you don't want it to fly back in your face.

Ari-Jaq Xulden
05-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Get ready to kick yourself. Believe it or not there is a specific tool for it. They are called retaining ring pliers. I cant provide a link, sorry. However, before you go spend more money, most of us use needle nose pliers. Put the tips of the pliers in the holes and squeeze the holes together. It might take a bit of practice to get it right.

Edit:Fingers not as fast as SS.Also he is right about the eye protection and tension as well.

Loachri MacTalabh
05-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Here are 3 different type. The two similar pair, can be configured to squeez, or spreed. The smaller ones are set up to squeeze, and the bigger, to spreed. The oddball, can do both. These are for big trucks, school buses, and Tractor/Trailer (Semi). This gives you an idea.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/Laochri/bba2f931.jpg

Viper1
05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Thank's guy's, thats incredably helpful. You learn sumthin new every day!

Tarrell
05-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Just used needle nose pliers myself, however they weren't needly enough, so got the old file out, and made the point smaller. ;)