PDA

View Full Version : card holder extension??

Harry
05-22-2011, 12:20 PM
I've put a PCL in my Anakin ROTS. I'm still trying to get the swing sensitivity dialled in, but to get access to the sd card I have to disassemble the hilt.

I'm wondering if its possible to buy/make something to relocate the card holder to the resonance chamber in the pommel. I'm thinking of something with an sd card type bit on one end to go in the PCL card holder, and on the other end a card holder, with 8 wires connecting the contact points.

I have a spare card I could cut up but I'm wondering if there's anything available that does this already?

I'll be changing settings an soundfonts a fair bit so something like this would make it so much quicker and easier.

Skottsaber
05-23-2011, 03:18 AM
This was suggested as an idea for CFv5. Erv' said no, I think because it has something to do with putting an SD card directly on wires. I'm not sure though.
I'm pretty sure there isn't a commerical solution either. My best advice is to relocate your soundboard in your hilt for easier access.

Harry
05-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I thought of putting the soundboard at the bottom of the hilt but I'm using lithium AA batteries, not rechargable ones, so while card access would be easier changing batteries would be a lot harder. I'd rather not change to a li-on setup as I can get the lithium AA's for free.

I found a spare card holder so I'll see what I can come up with.

Rafalema
05-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Well still recharge port + rechargeable cells are much better option, the're easier and can be placed almost anywhere.

If you'll try anyway, then good lock.

Skottsaber
05-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Also, by putting your soundboard further back your swing sensitivity will improve greatly, hence not having to touch the SD card ;)

Inferno
05-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Also, by putting your soundboard further back your swing sensitivity will improve greatly, hence not having to touch the SD card ;)

I can speak from experience that placing your PC-L near the pommel of your saber with increase it's swing sensitivity without having to change settings on the card.

Harry
05-24-2011, 10:56 AM
OK, I might give the lion battery a go with the pcl in the pommel.

Thanks guys.

Skottsaber
05-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Good choice, I'm sure you'll have a much nicer saber overall :)