PDA

View Full Version : Battery charge help

Master Imesk K.
05-21-2011, 02:59 PM
hey guys and girls,

need some info. i built my first MHS with recharge port and all, my pack is rated at 4.8V with each batt @ 850ma. my charger was picked up @ radioshack and is one of the universal chargers ( 3v-12v) the settings closest to 4.8 are 4.5 and 6V. It is rated at 1A.

what should i charge my saber at and for how long? i have search here and online for the answer and found nothing.

now i ask the forums looking for someone with the knowleged.

Help me TCSS, you are my only hope!

Imesk

Sidd
05-21-2011, 03:02 PM
you should order a smart charger from the store here so not to ruin the power cells

Rhyen Skytracker
05-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Is the charger you have made for Li-Ions or NiMH batteries? It sounds like you have a 4 AAA NiMH battery pack and I would recommend you using a NiMH smart charger. Those universal chargers can damage the batteries.

Master Imesk K.
05-21-2011, 03:12 PM
you should order a smart charger from the store here so not to ruin the power cells

would love to, however, i dont have the money for that right now, in time i shall order it.

also, i fogot to mention that when i do charge it sometimes the accent LEDs on the KS take a min to come on and then i press the AV switch and it kinda acts weird (sorry cant discribe it any better)

any thoughts?

Is the charger you have made for Li-Ions or NiMH batteries? It sounds like you have a 4 AAA NiMH battery pack and I would recommend you using a NiMH smart charger. Those universal chargers can damage the batteries.

yea they are the enercell NiHC rechargables 4AAA and i have the enercell charger that goes with them.

errr just broke down and bought the charger...... now to wait.........

Azmaria Dei
05-21-2011, 04:54 PM
please do not double post. use the multi quote buttons for multiple quotes.

and also please use the edit button as well.

Jedi-Loreen
05-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes, please don't double post minutes apart. Use the Multi-Quote and Edit Post buttons.

I merged your 3 posts together.