PDA

View Full Version : ignition switch ideas...

heartagram71
05-20-2011, 02:23 PM
ok so some of you have probably seen my saber I'm currently working on, but if not I'm modifying an 05 MR vader to be something of my own creation...the only issue I'm having is were to mount a switch...I'm not running the stock location, and I'm having a hard time trying to decide on: what type of switch, were to mount it and how to mount it...any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

heres a link to my build thread...
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?12895-My-saber-(so-far)

thanks in advance
-Jared

jin starkiller
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
I would use a av style switch for your build

heartagram71
05-20-2011, 04:23 PM
antivandal right??? hmmm...I've thought about those but I'm just not sure how to mount them...I kind of want something removable so if I need to pull the internals out, for some reason, I don't wanna have to cut wires and re-solder them...I like the idea of a "twist" switch like on the maul sabers, only problem is I don't know how to replicate them. I know how they work but just trying to replicate it seems kind of difficult...I don't wanna tear apart my maul saber lol bad enough I'm already 2 sabers down in my collection lol

Boj-Vaati Mau
05-20-2011, 04:47 PM
If you're using a slider then it should mount wit a couple of screws. It would be easy enough to cut a slot and drill the holes in the hilt for the mount screws. You shouldn't have to desolder the switch to get it out. As far as a rotation activated slider, where do you want the joint to be if you're going to do it that way? It's going to take a bit of engineering regardless....

Skottsaber
05-21-2011, 01:44 PM
There are such things as rotary switches. One of those might suit your rotational switch idea.