PDA

View Full Version : Parts check before Order

darkside
05-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Hello all, If you would be so kind to give this a quick look it would be much appreciated. Ill be building this saber with alot of Firsts. First with sound, lighted AV switch, and hopefully a led in the pommel. So I looked up the resistors I would need, read the forums for the last three months, and looked up tons of diagrams and threads till my head hurt. But still I will probably mess this up lol( Im still electronically slow but trying hard to learn). So if you could give me some advice or point me the right direction that would be great. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Here is my parts list:

Luxeon Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
Seoul P4 Lens Holder
Seoul P4 Blue
SPST Momentary blue dot Illuminated switch
MHS speaker and battery holder 4 AAA
1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing 2 feet worth
Swing sensor
Clash sensor
26 gauge wire( 4 colors 2 feet of each)
150ohm 1/4w resistor( for the SPST AV switch Blue dot)
220ohm 1/4w resistor ( for the accent LED)
3.3ohm 5w resistor ( for the P4 Blue)
Hilt style 2 with standard style switch hole
MHS choke style 3
Screw on LED blade holder style 4
MPS Pommel style 4
Media blasting ( on choke and pommel)
Machine recessed AV switch hole( on main body)
Drill & Tap Hole (for blade holder and covertec)
8-32 x 3/8" socket head( for covertec)
8-32 x 1/4" Set screw (for blade)
MPS Clip (for pommel insert)
MPS Insert style 1
Machined button for Covertec clip
Blade Holder Powder Coating(copper metalic)
Main Body Powder Coating(copper metalic)
1" Hilt safety plug (For Safety)

I have a Blade and the 2010 Obi-wan Econo Sound board and will buy a pnp power resistor at radio shack

I will try to use this diagram without the recharge port(hope it is right one for me). But am going to have to figure out how to run another accent led for the lighted pommel since the one in this diagram runs the AV switch led..Any Advice??
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc432/Darkside78/2010ModifiedNoVoltRegrev01-10-2011.png
Here is what saber will sort of look like
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc432/Darkside78/IMG_20110519_093051.jpg
Thanks again

Silver Serpent
05-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. Nothing obvious appears to be missing. I see you're getting the covertec button. If you don't already have the clip, you may want to pick one up so you can attach the saber to your belt. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Covertec-Clip-P117.aspx

Good luck with your build!

IndustrialAction
05-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't get the adhesive lined shrink tube, just go with the regular stuff. Once you shrink it, it isn't going anywhere. I also don't see a speaker on there. You'll want to add that. I see the holder but not the speaker itself. If you've never worked with a c-clip before (the MPS clip) you'll want to pick-up snapping pliers (you can google c-clip tool too) because they are a pain to use without the right tool.

darkside
05-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I already have the clip but thanks :D, switched out the adhesive for some regular shrink tube. and I have the battery speaker combo on there and I have a c-clip tool. thanks for the tips so far :D Keep the advice coming please. I also was wondering if the thermal tape was necessary? Also will this Diagram work minus the recharge port stuff, also what will I have to do to add a accent led for the pommel since the diagram only shows 1 accent/AV switch on there

Mal Rune
05-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I already have the clip but thanks :D, switched out the adhesive for some regular shrink tube. and I have the battery speaker combo on there and I have a c-clip tool. thanks for the tips so far :D Keep the advice coming please. I also was wondering if the thermal tape was necessary? Also will this Diagram work minus the recharge port stuff, also what will I have to do to add a accent led for the pommel since the diagram only shows 1 accent/AV switch on there

Theres several ways to wire up another accent led. I would suggest doing some more reading on the forum.

IndustrialAction
05-19-2011, 12:24 PM
I guess since I only use rechargeable packs I didn't realize that the combo came with the speaker, haha.

You don't need thermal tape.