PDA

View Full Version : MR Anakin ROTS resonance chamber

Harry
05-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I recieved an Anakin ROTS stunt with lux blue led and ultraedge blade from ultrasabers a few days ago. I've only seen pics and vids, never seen an actual saber before, awesome!

I ordered a PC sound module, some speakers, the metal blade holder, red & blue P4s and some other bits from the store but they haven't arrived yet.

I read the tuorial on the coversion for the blade holder. When you measure the two blade holders and cut the shiny plastic bit could you cut it a bit shorter or cut a bit off the other end (not sure what the holes are for) to move all the internals up toward the blade and still have enough room for the electronics, leaving space at the bottom for a resonance chamber (or maybe 2 speakers)?

If its possible is there a limit to how far it can go, and is there an ideal size for the resonance chamber?

Just trying to get it all worked out so when the parts arrive I can put them in straight away. Cant wait to get sound in this thing.

One other thing not sound related but rather than start another thread I'll put it in here, I want the bullet tip to light up, what's the beast way to modify the reflective tape? I was thinking of removing about 2-3mm from the outer edge all the way around, would this be enough?

I dont have any more tape and dont want to stuff it up.

Thanks.

(null).exe
05-11-2011, 03:35 PM
First off, welcome to the Forums!

Blade Holder: I havn't delved much into the US conversions, but the old adages of "measure twice, cut once" and "you can always remove more material, but you can't put it back" hold. Make small changes, test fit, more small changes, etc. Until it does what you want. Someone with more experience with conversions could provide more specific information.

Resonance: There is a wonderful thread located at the top of this very sub-forum about resonance, called "Resonance -- let's get this hammered out! (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?2539-Resonance-let-s-get-this-hammered-out!). I would suggest reading it through completely, as well as searching the interwebs and car audio forums for more information on the dynamics of resonance chambers.

Tip: I would suggest removing a thin ring from the edge, as well as a hole in the center of the reflector, that should give you the best light transmission into the tip, while still retaining the reflector's assistance.

Finally, as this is more of an intro thread with multiple questions not focused on sound, I'm suggesting it get moved to the general section, so don't be surprised if it changes locations.

Welcome to the family! (your wallet will never be the same)

Jedi-Loreen
05-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Thread moved.