PDA

View Full Version : * Convert FX lightsaber from non-removable blade to removable?

ghost_a*
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I did a few different searches and didn't find much on this
i found a lot on converting an already removable blade to a luxeon blade.

i also found this thread, but the links are broken in it:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?1385-How-to-Convert-a-FX-Blade-(Blade-removable)&highlight=convert+removable

basically as the title states, i have a 2005 or 2007, i can't remember Anakin ROTS MR FX.

there are two things i'd like to do, but i want to kill two birds with one stone.
as it happens to everyone, a few LEDs have either gone our or become disconnected so i have those blade spots (unlit spots) in the blade.
i'd like to take the LED strip out and re-solder those.

in doing this, i'd also like to convert the stock LED ladder blade to a removable blade.

i have this tutorial on making a pretty cool quick disconnect:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13553.0

but what i need is a good tutorial on disassembly and rewiring of the anakin ROTS FX saber hilt.
i REALLY REALLY don't want to break it.

thx for any help

jin starkiller
05-09-2011, 04:32 PM
HIs the link that you need

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?3-05-MR-Anakin-Done-amp-kits-available

ghost_a*
05-09-2011, 04:45 PM
am i correct in assuming i'd just need this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/6-Wire-quick-connector-P458.aspx
wire it up, and then add a retention screw and use my existing blade setup?

again, all i'm looking to do right now is convert it, using the existing electronics/LED/blade setup, into a removable blade.

thx a lot by the way for the link :)

jin starkiller
05-09-2011, 07:26 PM
if you look through pics from that thread 18-20 it shows that you don't need anything else except the conversion kit from the store

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR-or-Hasbro-FX-Anakin-conversion-kit-P248.aspx

and led, wire, and heatsrink tubing to convert it

Skottsaber
05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Also, this needs to go into the conversions forum.

ghost_a*
05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
awesome, thx guys.
i'm going to try to work on this this weekend.

jin starkiller
05-10-2011, 09:00 AM
when I did mine I painted the conversion kit black except the top portion (1/2 section) made it look better ...just a thought

ghost_a*
05-10-2011, 09:57 AM
to start off i'm going to disassemble my FX and convert it to a removable blade with some kind of plug connector since that'll cost, tops $5.
then as funds permit, i'll order the full conversion kit from TCSS and swap out the plastic emitter and the stock blade with a P4 LED and TCSS blade.
i have a wish list of AWESOMELY CONVENIENT PRODUCT to get from TCSS anyways, so i'll lump that conversion kit in with all that.

Jedi-Loreen
05-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Thread moved.

i have a wish list of crap to get from TCSS anyways, so i'll lump that conversion kit in with all that.
Saying "stuff" would have been nicer.

TCSS doesn't sell "crap". :neutral:

ghost_a*
05-10-2011, 12:12 PM
HAHAHAHA, my mistake. no offense meant at all to TCSS. you guys make this hobby actually "do-able" at a decent price. i retract that word ;)

Jedi-Loreen
05-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks.

ghost_a*
05-16-2011, 09:49 AM
so i was following the TCSS anakin conversion kit tutorial.
two issue so far:

1. not really an issue cause i'll just get a replacement 5/8" copper cap from TCSS but the original larger copper cap got completely obliterated when i removed it.
it just chipped away a piece at a time. the smaller one popped off easier and in tact with little to no damage, but the larger one....it's basically in 10 pieces.

2. removing the control box. holy crap...
i'm trying to hard not to damage the control box mount (little faux chrome holder that mounts to the "clamp")
i'm coming in from the bottom, prying just between the black of the control box and the control box mount. it will NOT come apart. i've already made some tiny damage notches to the control box mount.

any advice?
i've already removed both philips screws, the hex screw and the four recharge pins.

Harry
05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
any advice?

I just took mine off, I used a flathead screwdriver at the ends but it was stuck pretty good in the middle too. I got a few tiny marks on the switch housing but it came off. You could try heating it first with a heat gun or hairdryer to soften the glue, be careful though.

ghost_a*
05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
I just took mine off, I used a flathead screwdriver at the ends but it was stuck pretty good in the middle too. I got a few tiny marks on the switch housing but it came off. You could try heating it first with a heat gun or hairdryer to soften the glue, be careful though.

yeah, the heat gun is a great idea. i'll give that a shot.
thx.

Di-Rahm Onna
11-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Forgive me for interrupting this thread seemed to relate to, y question. Does tcss have a conversion kit for the force fx lightsaber construction set? Should I even buy this item? Do I have to mail it in somewhere???? Thanx. :D

Jay-gon Jinn
11-19-2011, 12:32 PM
TCSS does not have a conversion kit for that particular force FX lightsaber. They really aren't worth buying, in my opinion, as the parts of the hilt are mostly plastic and grossly oversized. The soundboard is also not as easy to work with as the ones found in the other MR/Hasbro force FX sabers are.

Di-Rahm Onna
11-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Ok cool. Does anyone here know where I can find an inexpensive fx obi 1 saber with the removable blade????? :D

Xanatos1986
11-24-2011, 09:14 AM
the internet....google it.