PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal - Picky's first sound saber

Picky
05-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Before I bagin this thread, I have to say thank you to all the members that helped me during the project phase :D

Well, the parts arrived on April 20, I payed the customhouse tax (55 € ;) ), opened the box and took some picture:
here you see the speaker, the 2 SD cards (LM and DM), my cell (well, that didn't arrived from TCSS...), some screws, the emitter the gold style 3 trim ring, the button, the kill key, the recharge port, a lot of JST connectors and the pommel.
In the second picture there are the covertec button, the choke, the 7" fluted extension, the PC-L, the aux button and the blue P4.

5145 5146

Azmaria Dei
05-03-2011, 02:23 AM
nice. that'll look really good all together.

Knighthammer
05-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Look foward to the progress Picky.

Picky
05-05-2011, 05:26 AM
I forgot one thing: all the parts are powder coated in Candy Gold, a fantastic color, not too much heavy and not too trasparent :)

The next step was drilling a hole for the covertec button: not a perfect work but the large button will cover these scretches...

Then I glued the battery holder to the speaker holder, wired the speaker and glued it to its holder... A very long piece, I doubted it would have fit into the 7" extension.

So I cut a piece of the pommel thread, as seen in a tutorial video (thank you, Ki-Djowac!)

stegasp
05-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Looking good so far. Can't wait to see more!

Picky
05-07-2011, 05:04 AM
Update:
I soldered the LED to a JST connector so in future I'll be able to change the color of the saber.

Then I begun to work with the PC-L... Really a small sound card!

The next step was wiring the aux button: not possible without pretinning the joints

I decided to connect the + of the main switch and the common - to a JST connector, so the big guarded button has been installed without difficulties. At this point the PC-L remembers an octopus!

Final steps: I soldered the wires from the speaker, glued a sheath of platic film (the one used to wrap the notebooks) to the battery holder and I slid inside that film the PC-L to insulate it and it is already possible to access the SD card.