PDA

View Full Version : Last check before I order

Darth Spader
04-25-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm planning on ordering very soon. Will order when the Powder Coating service is up and running so I can get my parts powder coated. So this is my final check before I order. Any help is appreciated.

PARTS
MPS Pommel style 3 v2
MPS Insert style 1
MPS Clip
5" Double female threaded connector
MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
Screw on LED blade holder style 8
8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
LED "TCSS style" Show Blade 1" OD
SPST Momentary Guarded switch with red button
6 Piece rubber grip set 3.6"

INTERNAL
Seoul P4 - Blue
1.5ohm 5w resistor
Seoul P4 Lens Holder
MHS speaker and battery holder
Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
26 gauge wire - will get a few different colours so i dont confuse myself :P
1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing
Sound Board will be one that I've taken out of my old Darth Vader force action saber.
4x AAA Batteries NiMH

SERVICES/EXTRAS
Drill & Tap Hole - to hold the blade in
Machine Guarded style switch hole
*Extension Powder Coating
*Blade Holder Powder Coating - Hopefully the powder coating service is back very soon

What I hope my saber will look like:
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8100/finalsaberdesign.png

And I will be using this wiring diagram:
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp242/wadeh13/Wiring%20Diagrams%20and%20reviews/Economy%20Boards/2010ModifiedBasicrev01-10-2011.png

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated. Dont wanna order my parts and find out something is missing :P

Big_Furry_Oaf
04-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Will you be using a d-ring or a covertec or anything? And I think the speaker holder is out of stock right now.
Also, where are you putting the switch? If it's in the double female extension, you may twist wires when you unscrew everything to change batteries. Have you thought about a recharge port or putting the switch in the ribbed extension (if that switch fits in that portion)?
And how do you plan to put everything in the saber? Will you use a sled or another chassis? You may want to consider the store's chassis parts.
Also, I'm not completely sure about it but the diagram is for the 2010 Obi-Wan. I'm not sure if an older Vader works the same way or not.

Darth Spader
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Will you be using a d-ring or a covertec or anything?
I decided that a d-ring wasn't needed along with a covertec clip.

And I think the speaker holder is out of stock right now.
Damn, that sucks. I will have to order the stuff seperately now.

Also, where are you putting the switch? If it's in the double female extension, you may twist wires when you unscrew everything to change batteries. Have you thought about a recharge port or putting the switch in the ribbed extension (if that switch fits in that portion)?
I was thinking of putting the switch towards the top of the double female extension so twisting the wires will probably become a problem. A recharge port never really appealed to me and im fine with taking the batteries out and charging them. Im not sure about putting the switch in the ribbed section, I might give that a bit of thought if its possible to put a switch there.

And how do you plan to put everything in the saber?
This is the part I am worried about. Its a scary thing for me. :P A chassis would probably make my life alot easier as this is my first build.

Also, I'm not completely sure about it but the diagram is for the 2010 Obi-Wan. I'm not sure if an older Vader works the same way or not.
I posted in the thread a while back and from what I can tell, it should work... hopefully :P