PDA

View Full Version : Hey there everyone!!!

heartagram71
04-19-2011, 06:38 PM
so im alittle new to the saber scene, and i just started customizing my MR vader saber...so far its just a prototype, something to learn on before i go and make a completely custom saber of my own creation...now this vader design im working on wont necessarily be the exact vader saber but its what im using as my starting point...

I plan on using the stock sound boards and clash/ swing sensors, but i want to convert it to the Vader's Vault OSPP, just because i absolutely love that color...

i will post up pics and my progress rises...

any tips or advise would be much appreciated :)

thanks alot- Jared

Jedi-Loreen
04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the Forums.

Enjoy your stay. Do LOTS of reading.

cardcollector
04-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Welcome. Check out LDM's conversion tutorials, they have lots of information.

Oh, and read all the stickies too, that'll help in your quest. ;)

heartagram71
04-20-2011, 01:12 PM
thanks guys! this isnt my first forum, i know all out sticky threads and all that lol, i actually was reading up on those before i even signed up...i signed up though incase i run into problems and need help lolz

jin starkiller
04-20-2011, 04:22 PM
welcome

dgdve
04-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Sounds as if you've already got a project started.. you probably CANT color match the VV purple with your current set up (your going to need some potentiometer's as well as a multi-die rgb led).. but give it enough research you can find out how to.. "emulate" those famous purples.. dont forget about LDM's TRUpurple ;)... You said it, read read read.. (its ALL here.. and 98.995% is in the stickies). I hope that helps, and I cant wait to see how this turns out (purple vader=cool in my book hehe)

Darth Ares
04-22-2011, 10:00 PM
hello

Darth Ares
04-23-2011, 04:17 PM
May The Force Be With You

jin starkiller
04-23-2011, 05:15 PM
you need to use the edit function and not double post

heartagram71
04-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Sounds as if you've already got a project started.. you probably CANT color match the VV purple with your current set up (your going to need some potentiometer's as well as a multi-die rgb led).. but give it enough research you can find out how to.. "emulate" those famous purples.. dont forget about LDM's TRUpurple ;)... You said it, read read read.. (its ALL here.. and 98.995% is in the stickies). I hope that helps, and I cant wait to see how this turns out (purple vader=cool in my book hehe)
yeah i kind of figured it would be alittle difficult to replicate that color...so i decided just to go with the TCSS luxeon rebel star in an amber color, since in my project, my hilt is gonna look weathered and rustic (not so much a steam punk design but kind of that general color scheme) if i really want the OSPP ill probably just hit up Vader's vault LOL