PDA

View Full Version : Petit Crouton wiring

Picky
04-07-2011, 07:09 AM
The saber I ordered on March 20 will probably be shipped between this weekend and the first days of the next week, so I'm beginning to plan the wiring.
This is the first time I wire up a PC-L, so I read carefully the manual then I made a sketch of the wiring diagram: do you think it is ok?

Thank you!

Crystal Chambers
04-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Looks good to me although the wire shared between the the switch and aux should be black.

IndustrialAction
04-07-2011, 07:55 AM
As you have it now, you've wired the switches to the accent LED pads and ground. The switch pads are on the other side of the board. Also, are you not using any of the accent LED options? There's a lot more that the PC can do than what you have it wired for.

Rafalema
04-07-2011, 08:10 AM
I think the meaning and point of this diagram was just to check are the switches wired correctly to each other, the recharge port, etc.

Crystal Chambers
04-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Correct...too tired to catch that one. I guess I'm ready to spin off to sleep.
The only thing a PC can do unlike any other board regarding wiring is sequence the two LEDs pads.

beggarsoutpost
04-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Yeah just add 3 switch pads to the spot right above the L and move your switch wiring there... change the NEG wire to black as CC has said... that will save confusion... the pads you have the switches on now are the accent LEDs... you would wire them the same as the switches are now with the black wire as the shared Neg.... Other wise everything in your diagram is right on the money...

Picky
04-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Thank you all for the answers, for now there are no accent LEDs, but maybe in future I'll change the guarded style switch with an illuminated AV one (if in my hilt there will be enough space ;) ). I know the pads for the switches are on the other side, my wiring scheme does not respect the simmetry.
It is a good idea to put a black wire for the ground of the switches, so there will be less confusion.

EDIT:
here there is the updated diagram, do you think this is totally correct?

beggarsoutpost
04-07-2011, 09:09 AM
That's it man... your good to go....

Picky
04-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Thank you! Just the last question: in the PC-L which is the speaker + and which the - ? I'm quite confused...

Skottsaber
04-21-2011, 06:25 AM
Doesn't make a difference.

Jedi-Loreen
04-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Yes, on a single speaker this small, polarity doesn't really matter.

Darth Scorn
04-30-2011, 09:02 PM
so if you are using an alluminated switch you would need to run the led in the switch to the accent led pad?

shef
04-30-2011, 09:12 PM
so if you are using an alluminated switch you would need to run the led in the switch to the accent led pad?
That depends. There is a 3.3V pad that you can use to light your illuminated switch when the kill key is pulled from the recharge port. Or, you can use one of the accent pads, which could make it 'pulse' when the board is idle, and then be configurable to either flicker or be steady on when the saber is 'on'. It depends what you want it to do. :) Take some time while you wait for the parts from TCSS to arrive and read the entire PC-L user guide.

Darth Scorn
04-30-2011, 09:18 PM
cool it should be here this thursday just gotta print the manual

Picky
05-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Thank you all for the answers! Well, the saber is already build and it is fully working... But it uses a guarded style switch (this was the first time I used a PC-L so I decided to begin with a basic setup). I also took a lot of photos during the building, so I'll post a thread into the A to Z building section :)
I'm now planning a saber that will use an illuminated AV switch with a PVC chassis in Madcow style ;) This will probably use a Red LED... My first sith saber!

Shimo Zura
05-04-2011, 04:52 AM
Does the battery pack need anything extra to regulate it recharging or does the PC-L take care of all that?

Silver Serpent
05-04-2011, 05:07 AM
Li-ion battery packs will still need an appropriate PCB such as http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/PCB-for-72V-Li-ion-battery-packs-P482.aspx

The PC-L doesn't regulate recharging.

Shimo Zura
05-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Hmm, ok.

I bought some batteries that say they are protected "TrustFire 18650 2500mAh Li-ion Protected Battery
Sealed Pack of 2 Batteries" do you think this will be sufficient? or will I still need to put a PCB in the sabre?

Thanks in advance.

beggarsoutpost
05-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Yes that will be fine as long as you pre-charge the batteries before you build your pack...

Jay-gon Jinn
05-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Hmm, ok.

I bought some batteries that say they are protected "TrustFire 18650 2500mAh Li-ion Protected Battery
Sealed Pack of 2 Batteries" do you think this will be sufficient? or will I still need to put a PCB in the sabre?

Thanks in advance.
No, actually you will not need a protection pcb with batteries that are already protected.

Shimo Zura
05-15-2011, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the answers, This is my first saber build and I really don't want to fry my PC-L.