PDA

View Full Version : 08 vader MR Died!! :(

Master Imesk K.
04-06-2011, 08:06 PM
ive spent hours looking and i still may have missed it, if someone has posted but i will give this a shot.

my 08 vader MR LED string died on me so i took it apart and want to put it in to my new saber PVC (so cant use orig. set up. have to take board out sep and the speaker too) but want to keep sound and wire it to my new LED BLUE RBL STR.

can someone assist with any diagrams or anything.

Thanks.

dgdve
04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Well if by "died" you mean ONLY the led's (part of the string) is bad and the sounds (whoosh/clash/hum) still work, then ofcourse you can use the soundboard in another project and your in the right place to do it!!! Tcss is the DIY headquarters for all things lightsaber.. My advice, read over some topics that interest you.. ALWAYS read every sticky carefully.. if a question has been asked a few times.. the answers (and generally diagrams) are ALL in those stickies (its how they get to be stickies). I hope this helps and good luck on your first build!!!

Master Imesk K.
04-07-2011, 03:10 PM
thanks i will look at the stickies. i hope i can find something there.

Umbral Lotus
04-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I know ur not using the same hilt, but scroll down to the part where the pics show wiring up the led to the stock MR wires. I just basically did the same thing with my Anakin board, and shoved everything into my own hilt and just copied what they did here for wiring. It should be a basic straight swap of LED string to Rebel. I have a white rebel i just swapped into mine, no resistors. It seems to be working quite well for me.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?1-05-MR-Vader-Done-amp-kits-available

Master Imesk K.
04-08-2011, 04:28 AM
thanks bud, i found some good diagrams of my exact board.

thanks again for all the help

will post pics or vid of finished product.