PDA

View Full Version : Petit Crouton Activation Problem

Devilblade0
03-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Well i recently ordered a PC-L and its amazing, that is if it would stay on.
ok, so i got everything hooked up. I got the 6v 4AA pack wired up, the speaker wired, both switches wired, and the Red Luxeon Rebel wired up. now, when i apply power to the saber it boots properly but when i power on the saber with the Momentary switch it powers the LED for a second and then shuts off and plays the boot sound again. it does this everytime i try to power the saber up. so i made sure the Config file had all the right parameters for the switch and the proper typ. current for the Rebel. but the problem persists. only when i have the LED disconnected do i get the saber to stay powered on. when i dont have the LED hooked up i can access all of the parts of the sound font, the hum, power on and off, clashes, swings, and blaster and lockup normally. it just doesnt work with the led hooked up.
i dont really know all of the in's and outs of this board, and as far as i have searched this is the first instance of my problem.
any thoughts to whats wrong would be very helpful.

IndustrialAction
03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Well, at first I assumed you're problem was due to the momentary switch but then you would have to problem whether you had the LED in or not. I assume when you say it is "set up properly" you've changed the config file for the switch to "2". I'm using a latching switch as my primary and a momentary for aux.

Since your problem goes away with the LED removed, it seems pretty clear that your problem lies there. You may have bridged a connection on the board or somehow on the LED, or overdriven your LED (unlikely though).

Can you supply more detail? Wiring diagram, pictures, video, etc? How about config/LED file changes? Can you specify what you've done there?

Devilblade0
03-28-2011, 07:53 PM
actually it turns out to be a very simple fix. apparently the batteries my roommate gave me weren't as fresh as he said they were. T.T
at least nothings wrong with the board or wiring, i just overlooked battery power.

IndustrialAction
03-28-2011, 08:11 PM
LOL, glad it was a simple fix!

Devilblade0
03-28-2011, 08:15 PM
so am i. now all there is left to do is wait for the hilt parts to come in so i can assemble everything :D

Darth Scorn
03-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Can some one please post a wireing diagram in detail switches, recharge port etc or can some one point me in the right direction where to find it please and thank you

IndustrialAction
03-28-2011, 09:00 PM
There are WIRING diagrams floating around for the PC but you're best bet is to read the manual (seriously). There are quite a few options and your wiring will depend on your saber design.

Caine Drathul
03-28-2011, 09:49 PM
There are WIRING diagrams floating around for the PC but you're best bet is to read the manual (seriously). There are quite a few options and your wiring will depend on your saber design.

Agreed 100%. Read that manual from cover to cover.

Darth Scorn
03-28-2011, 09:58 PM
ok so a maual comes with the pc when you order?

Azmaria Dei
03-28-2011, 10:06 PM
the download link for the manual is in the product description. go there to get it.

Darth Scorn
03-28-2011, 10:29 PM
thanks