PDA

View Full Version : I have ADD, trying to consolidate ideas... help?

Dieuos
03-22-2011, 10:48 AM
OK. I have all the parts I need to make my dream saber (or something like that) but I'm having trouble organizing all the stuff I need to do. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

OK First of all my parts:
2008 Darth Maul Hasbro FX Sound Board
Illuminated Latching Switch (Not from TCSS) (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/image/8730/ele-370_4.jpg/ele-402/Red_Illuminated_Bulgin_Style_Latching_Vandal_Switc h_-_16mm_-_Silver_Housing_-_Ring_Illumination.html)
Red Luxeon III Star LED
4 AAA Battery Pack

Alright this is the part I can't quite seem to get fully organized in my head... I need to wire my switch LED in parallel to the rest of it, but I will be wiring the rest in a standard Switch->Soundboard->LED setting? I will have a resistor set up for the Switch LED, and then for the regular LED on the other side of the parallel, but do I need one for the sound card? Finally, How do I wire my switch properly to make the LED go ON/OFF with the whole saber?

I know this is a lot but I feel like every time I almost figure it out I lose whatever answer I had, and re-reading tutorials isn't helping anymore.

Thanks!!

Lord Dottore Matto
03-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Run the switch LED in parallel with the main LED. In other words, the (+) to the LEd needs to be split (make it into a "Y") and one leg goes to the main LED while the other goes to the accent LED in the switch. The (-) can also come from the board. Just use the last (-) lead (it is brown) and run it to the accent LED's (-) pin. That's it simple. (don't forget your resistor for the accent LED though ;)

grayven
03-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Dude from one who knows. first step, tack your Strattera, then follow LDM's advice. You must slow the world down to build the saber.

jin starkiller
03-23-2011, 01:25 PM
when it comes to putting the electronics together take your time and follow LDM advice on wiring it up

Boj-Vaati Mau
03-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Also, with regards to ADHD, you need to learn to manage your condition. It'll take years to ride heard on it & good luck with the process. I'm by no means perfect but, take it from one of the original Ritalin babies, writing checklists & following them is quite the boon. Check & recheck your data and wiring too. When you run into an issue and can't find the answer, ask politely and we'll help you out.

Azmaria Dei
03-26-2011, 03:10 PM
i have a similar condition - CRS (Can't Remember S***). runs in the family i think. anyway, solid facts and indexed data i can remember easily. i can remember the model number on my first IDE hard drive, but i forget my own name at times. how i get around it is write things down, make lists, and develop backwards path thinking so you can trace back what you were thinking 30 seconds ago.

but definitely make checklists and stuff.

and if you ever hear me go off replacing every other word with 'thing' you'll know why. ^_^ i forgot all the words.

cardcollector
03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
When I am planning any saber, I write every step on paper. Even though I have done the same thing several times, Having it on paper (parts, steps, plans, designs, etc) makes sure you don't forget anything and simplifies your life...

Azmaria Dei
03-26-2011, 06:41 PM
that's what i forgot! i plan everything out in excel. between about 8 spreadsheets you can track almost my entire life.