PDA

View Full Version : Avtivation switch issue

stjedimaster
03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
so last night i finished my saber and i whent to turn it on and when i hit the button the LED lit up and everything was great but as soon as i took my finger off the button it went out. I am using a green momentary AV switch. it is connected to the recharge port and the reacharge port is connected to the battery pack. i dont understand why it wont stay on when i click the button. is it possible i have a faulty swith?? I saw on here that other people have had the same problem and all they had to do was move a single wire and it works for them. when i tried this however it stayed on all the time and only turned off when i held down the button. hear is a diagram of how i have the switch itself wierd. any insight would be nice.4988

jin starkiller
03-22-2011, 09:44 AM
thats why you need a latching switch to keep it on ...with the switch you have now you could add econo sound to your saber

Jedi-Loreen
03-22-2011, 10:14 AM
See, this is why you should have done more reading before you ordered your parts.

Then you'd know that you need a latching switch for a direct drive set up (no sound board) like you have, not a momentary.

IndustrialAction
03-22-2011, 10:15 AM
LOL, ok...

Latching = In relay or switching technology, this refers to the ability to keep the contact status in place when the switch is pushed and then release contact when the switch is pushed again
Momentary = In relay or switching technology, this refers the contact only being made while the button is depressed (it releases contact when you release the button)

jin starkiller
03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Just like we all stated you should have posted your parts list in thread before you ordered so we could of caught this mistake...but don't fret just use econo board and it will only cost less than $25 give or take depending on the area u live in

need 1 econo soundboard
and 1 voltage regulator

like this one
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062599

here is econo diagram for you wire it up like this and you will be golden and have star wars sound...:D

stjedimaster
03-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Thank you all very much its very helpful, I promise i will read a little more closley next time, thank you for your patencie with me, please dont be to hard on me though i mean come on this is the first ever lightsaber i ever got to build and it has been my dream for years to be able to do it. I was super excited and rushed into it. i will make sure im more carful next time with reading everything befor i order. thank you once again

jin starkiller
03-22-2011, 12:09 PM
no prblem young one ....much do you still have to learn.....;)