PDA

View Full Version : Greetings !!!! Time to introduce myself

Camarius
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
I guess its about time for me (being a light side force user) to stop lurking in the shadows of the forums and actually post something to let the masses know! I am an avid star wars fan and I've always seen people at events dressed (cosplay) and i looked deeper into it and found out that lightsabers can be built and then i found this website and i fell in love.... er i mean i found a new home.... i have searched/read/bookmarked/printed so many threads and such. BUT i have yet to actually buy anything or attempt to build a saber. I have drawn out and designed a number of ideas but i have yet to take the plunge... since im breaking the ice now you may see some more posts in the future asking for advice and such before i make some purchases... thanks in advance for any replies or welcoming that is inbound

Camarius

/wave

MTFBWY

jin starkiller
03-18-2011, 11:53 AM
welcome to the forums ...careful this is a addicting hobby.....:)

Azmaria Dei
03-18-2011, 02:23 PM
welcome!

Skottsaber
03-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Thank you for doing some research, unlike some people. :D
Enjoy your stay at your new home ;)

Boj-Vaati Mau
03-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Hail & welcome, Camarius. You have taken several steps into a larger world. You've also started well by reading and you need to continue that habit. Just remember that there's probably a thread for that when you have a question. If you can't find it then there are some very talented and technically savy Jedi about the forum. Above all, Enjoy!

Camarius
03-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I'd Like to say its very welcoming and humbling to see some of the greatest saber makers respond to this lowly padawan's post.... This is even better than I imagined

Azmaria Dei
03-18-2011, 04:42 PM
oh and by the way, if you haven't already, you should read every stickied thread in every forum. they can answer most questions before they're asked. ^_^ though i'm sure you already have. enjoy!

face palm
03-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the forums! I'm pretty much at your position right now so I know how ya feel
Don't be afraid to post any questions you might have these guys know what they're talking about

cardcollector
03-18-2011, 06:30 PM
welcome, it sounds like you have been doing your homework. This is good, it will make your life much easier in the future (and save you money too.) ;)

You want to show off some of the designs you've made? I am sure we would love to look at them. :cool:

Camarius
03-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Ya, I can definitely throw some on here some are drawn (crudely) others I took my drawing and rendered it through the css builder and ms paint... No 3d ones as I don't have the program or design expertise down (btw should I make a new thread for those designs it just load them on here

dgdve
03-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Welcome!!.. its not much to say that hasnt been said.. as a new person this is your welcome thread.. throw idea's or whatever you want in it that pertains to your.. "newness".. I personally find its very very small percentage of times you should actually start a thread.. the answers you seek are in the stickies(or along the way to said sticky).

I'd personally love to see your renders or designs, post them up and allow the others to "peek and critique".. remember our greatest resource as a community is... "us",, you may have an idea that seems quite simple only to find out its actually impossible.. or vice versa, you may not think something is not possible yet here it is.. proof of concept and a wicked awesome saber to boot..

So I say dive in.. share your idea's.. Some of the best sabers I have ever seen have come from right here... at the good ole' TCSS thinktank.. believe me when I tell you.. this place aint short on idea's and words like "cant be done" kinda piss them off (lol for real)