PDA

View Full Version : Changing MR Tranistors for more current??

Badkitty
03-15-2011, 03:06 AM
So these are the transistors on my MR Luke ANH board. i somewhat understanding more and more about all this electronic stuff. but the specson this sheet vex me.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/MicroElectronics/mXyzqxst.pdf

azmaria del said the MR board puts out about 1000ma @ 3.5v, but wasnt sure if per Lead or combined. Scottsaber talked about , in same thread, replacing the transistors on the board to get more current. I want to try this. i got the MR board for cheap so i dont care if i blow it up :D but would prefer to try to do it close to right the first time as i can.

The strawhat led's i bought are 160degree angle , 12k-14kmcd @ 3.2v at 25ma. So i have 90 of these on my MR board @ 1000ma , they are theoretically getting 11ma each. less than HALF what they are rated. They are BRIGHT as it is , getting more current will get more light?

Feel free to correct anything i am wrong on. How else will i learn :D

Azmaria Dei
03-15-2011, 04:21 AM
the 1000mA out is total between all of them. and i don't recommend swapping them out for higher power ones. the board is made to put out 3.5V @ 1000-1200mA. any more and you're asking for something to melt.

cannibal869
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
the 1000mA out is total between all of them. and i don't recommend swapping them out for higher power ones. the board is made to put out 3.5V @ 1000-1200mA. any more and you're asking for something to melt.

To Azmaria listen you should...

-C