PDA

View Full Version : Petit Crouton questions

TD-2272
03-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Hello guys, I've been out of the loop for a bit. I've picked up the PC from the shop, but I'm a bit confused. It's mainly the led sequencer. With the schematic, it's a little confusing.
// Blinking LED configuration file
random=0
s00=00
d00=50
s01=01
d01=50
s02=10
d02=50
s03=11
d03=50
s04=00
d04=50
s05=01
d05=50
s06=10
d06=50
s07=11
d07=50
What means what here. Which is the Led1 and Led2. A little help would rock! Also what sound is the "force" to me it sounds like someone is chewing on something? lol

Darth Xusia
03-13-2011, 06:36 PM
The closest digit (0 or 1) to the equal sign is the state of LED2 while the one at the end of the line is the state of LED1.
d00=50 is the duration the led is on or off.

FenderBender
03-13-2011, 06:45 PM
This is one of those things that when it 'clicks' for you, you slap your forehead and go DOH!!!! It really is very visual.

TD-2272
03-13-2011, 06:57 PM
The closest digit (0 or 1) to the equal sign is the state of LED2 while the one at the end of the line is the state of LED1.
d00=50 is the duration the led is on or off.

Ok I think I got it after staring at it. Thanks for the help!

TD-2272
03-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah your right Fender. Like I just said I think I got it lol

IndustrialAction
03-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Here's the simplest explanation I can offer....

"random" - whether you want a set pattern or random sequencing, "0" means NO [as in set pattern], 1 means YES [random sequencing], default is 0, I set mine to 1
"s" - state of the LED, the first digit after the equal sign is LED1 and the second digit is LED 2, the "0" means the LED in that position is OFF and the "1" means the LED in that position is ON
"d" - is the duration of the pattern in ms (delay)
(after the "s" or "d")"00", "01", "02", "03", "04", "05", "06" & "07" - the 8 stages of the sequence, 0 is first, then 1, then 2, etc, etc...

Therefore, in the stock example...
"random" is off (the LEDs will follow the pattern set forth)
at the first stage of the sequence, both LEDs are OFF
this lasts for 50ms
at stage 2 (s01) the first LED is OFF and the second LED is ON
this lasts for 50ms
stage 3 (s02) the first LED is ON and the second is OFF
this lasts for 50ms
stage 4 they are both ON
this lasts for 50ms
stage 5 the are both OFF
this lasts for 50ms
stage 6 the first LED is OFF the second is ON
this lasts for 50ms
stage 7 the first LED is ON the second is OFF
this lasts for 50ms
stage 8 both LEDs are ON
this lasts for 50ms

Then the pattern repeats. If you had set the "random" value to "1" (ON) then it would keep the delays that are set but switch-up the stages (since all of the delays in the example are the same)

You can modify this in any way you want. For instance, if you want one LED to always be ON and the other LED to be ON or OFF you could do something like...
s00=10
d00=50
s01=11
d01=50
s02=10
d02=50
s03=11
d03=50
s04=10
d04=50
s05=11
d05=50
s06=10
d06=50
s07=11
d07=50

Does that make sense? There are an awful lot of possible combinations and patterns, especially if you play with the delay between stages too.

BTW - if others have made their own customizations, I'd love to see them and any videos of the finished sequencing....

IndustrialAction
03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Just to clarify, the dealy isn't actually in milliseconds, it is more like 2 milliseconds per unit of delay (a delay of 50 is more like 100 milliseconds)

TD-2272
03-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Yes perfect sense now, yeah I'm gonna smack myself now lol. Also if anyone does have a vid it would be awesome. Thanks everyone.

Now I got that clear..... So the file "force" what is that when I listen to it more and more it sounds like someone's neck being crushed. Anyone else gets that and how do you use it

Skottsaber
03-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Is it the darkmeat font?
Thats the standard force choke sound.

IndustrialAction
03-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Each time I listen to them I think of force lightning.

DarthStallion
03-14-2011, 03:46 AM
yo guys. so just to clarify. the digits for the duration (d=xx) correspond to one unit of time for both LEDS if they're on?
for instance:
s00=11
d00=50
this means both LEDS will be on for 50ms (or however long "50" is) and not the first LED for 1ms second for 0ms. i think that's the case but wanted to be sure. i suppose it would be overkill to isolate each LED with it's own duration.
sorry, i haven't been able to experiment with mine yet...
thanks.

IndustrialAction
03-14-2011, 04:21 AM
Yo, read my earlier post in the thread. I explained it quite thoroughly.

DarthStallion
03-14-2011, 04:26 AM
indeed.
again, clarifying.
thanks dude.
functions a lot like old drum sequencers.
rad.

TD-2272
03-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Yeah Skott it's Darkmeat sorry. So how do you use that font or it's just a trow in for fun

Skottsaber
03-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Use it? I'm not sure what you mean.

TD-2272
03-14-2011, 08:21 AM
I meant how do you activate it, with another aux button?

Skottsaber
03-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Oh. On PC there are only 2 Aux sounds. The blaster and force/lockup.
I think you can rename one of the force/lockup to use that sound instead of the other.

IndustrialAction
03-14-2011, 08:59 AM
You can re-name them, but I don't know why anyone would. The blaster sound is triggered by a short push on the momentary (aux) switch and the force/lock-up sound is triggered by a long hold of the switch. If you dump one of them, you only get one sound. You do have the option of reconfiguring the timing of the button pushes and their associated sounds if desired.

Jordandau
03-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Ok so I ordered both versions on the first run. I haven't built a new saber yet, just upgraded one to the PC darkmeat. I love it and tweaked the settings on the SD card to where I want them. Today I thought I'd pop the Lightmeat SD card in to try that sound out before I install it into anything else. I was going to just copy the settings from my darkmeat saber into the card for the lightmeat. Well the lightmeat card says it's write protected and I can't change anything. So I copied the whole card onto my desktop and tried to format it. It says write protected still. It won't let me do anything besides copy. Any suggestions?

IndustrialAction
03-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Copy the settings in the config and LED files to notepad docs on your computer from the darkmeat setup. Then insert the lightmeat card, open the config files, paste the settings from the darkmeat files and save to the card.

Jordandau
03-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Lightmeat won't let me paste, rename, delete or move anything.

Skottsaber
03-16-2011, 01:01 AM
I had that problem on my CF SD card too.
You will slap yourself when you hear the solution.

Check the locking tab on your MicroSD Card adapter ;)

Jordandau
03-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Man you're right. I consider myself at least somewhat computer literate and could not figure out why this wasn't working. Super frustrating. It was in fact the locking tab. Thanks a ton Skott.

IndustrialAction
03-16-2011, 03:58 AM
LOL, what a simple solution! I was wondering why it was giving you so much trouble!

Skottsaber
03-16-2011, 03:59 AM
You wouldn't believe how many hours I spent tearing my hair out about that one :lol:

jin starkiller
03-16-2011, 06:06 AM
simple solution is always the most frustrating

Lord Dottore Matto
03-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes perfect sense now, yeah I'm gonna smack myself now lol. Also if anyone does have a vid it would be awesome. Thanks everyone.

Now I got that clear..... So the file "force" what is that when I listen to it more and more it sounds like someone's neck being crushed. Anyone else gets that and how do you use it

This is a carryover from the original beta sound profile. It will not be present on future SD cards.

IndustrialAction
03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
What exactly locks the sounds? They're just sound files, right? Will there be additional options in the future or is this it?

Rafalema
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I think that every time you reformat an SD card, a small change gets made to some hidden-ninja-background files which you'll never see.

Maybe the PC is trained in the ways of the Ninja and can see if you have been bad and reformatted the SD card and then it "plays the fail sound" as I have heard people say.

That's why you can only edit the config files, it doesn't require reformatting. I don't know why the soundfonts/config files require/don't require the reformat.

Lord Dottore Matto
03-16-2011, 01:00 PM
What exactly locks the sounds? They're just sound files, right? Will there be additional options in the future or is this it?

The boards will play the fail sound if you mess with the .wav files. The firmware of the board is programmed to only accept these two fonts. This has been posted ad nauseam. These are the only two fonts that will be available. No new fonts are in the works. This has also been posted ad nauseam.

IndustrialAction
03-16-2011, 01:18 PM
That's cool, I didn't search it out, it just came to me as I was reading the post. I wouldn't want to argue with something that has been posted ad nauseam. Wonder if I can find a PC-U, LOL.

Azmaria Dei
03-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Wonder if I can find a PC-U, LOL.

no you can't. only affiliates can.

IndustrialAction
03-16-2011, 01:25 PM
That "LOL" at the end meant I was kidding.

Azmaria Dei
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
That "LOL" at the end meant I was kidding.

just making sure you know.

TD-2272
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
This is a carryover from the original beta sound profile. It will not be present on future SD cards.

Cool thanks LDM

Lord Dottore Matto
03-16-2011, 05:29 PM
That's cool, I didn't search it out, it just came to me as I was reading the post. I wouldn't want to argue with something that has been posted ad nauseam. Wonder if I can find a PC-U, LOL.

oops, I've just been:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/JSSDC%20Banners/YouvebeenJ-Lod.png

Jedi-Loreen
03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Is that becoming the phrase for anyone who corrects someone's spelling? :p

I like it. ;)

IndustrialAction
03-16-2011, 07:18 PM
LOL, I like it too. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Back to the topic at hand though...I understand that the PC-L is locked and I'm cool with that. I just wonder how that is really possible. I'm not going to go hacking around on my board but it seems like something that certainly could be done if one wanted to violate one's warranty.

Azmaria Dei
03-16-2011, 07:38 PM
it's done by programming the firmware to do so.

i have some theories on HOW it's done, but those are still NOT questions that should be asked...

bk_renesis
03-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Ok I have a question regarding the fonts that I believe has not yet been asked. Can you replace let's say the "power on" file from darkmeat with the corresponding file from lightmeat and so on?

I want to remain politically correct (PC) with my PC but a little tweak would be awesome if possible.

By the way these things rock, I had my ones powered up on the bench within half an hour of receiving the package!!!

Jedi-Loreen
03-17-2011, 01:37 AM
You cannot make any changes to the fonts. How many times does this need to be said? :rolleyes:

Azmaria Dei
03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
You cannot make any changes to the fonts. How many times does this need to be said? :rolleyes:

apparently a few more times...

bk_renesis
03-17-2011, 02:24 AM
I believe it is a legitimate and a valid question considering the the board accepts only lightmeat or darkmeat fonts, I wasn't asking about using other CF type fonts... It might have been overlooked somehow.

I wouldn't risk screwing up my boards anyway, it was just a query, no need to get all upset. My curiosity got the better of me for once.

Oh by the way that was my third official question on the forums since I started this crazy hobby. So I think I've been a good boy and don't deserve the attitude.

That's why I refrain from posting more regularly.

Anywho.... No font changes no matter whatsoever... Gotcha! Loud and clear.

Back to topic.

IndustrialAction
03-17-2011, 04:15 AM
Don't take it personally, the established members of this board like to bash the noobs and have a lot of superior attitudes. It seems the best way to avoid it is to read every post you can find on the question in your mind and only post a question when you're sure it is a new topic. Some of these guys aren't the most helpful or understanding. I understand that they're tired of answering the same questions but it sucks for those of us that get their backlash.

As for the fonts, I won't post any more about it but if you set-up a "new" card, I have confidence that it can be hacked without permanent damage to the PC itself.

Azmaria Dei
03-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Don't take it personally, the established members of this board like to bash the noobs and have a lot of superior attitudes. It seems the best way to avoid it is to read every post you can find on the question in your mind and only post a question when you're sure it is a new topic. Some of these guys aren't the most helpful or understanding. I understand that they're tired of answering the same questions but it sucks for those of us that get their backlash.

As for the fonts, I won't post any more about it but if you set-up a "new" card, I have confidence that it can be hacked without permanent damage to the PC itself.

say the same thing 1000 times to people that don't understand you or notice that you've said it over and over again and remain chipper...

bk_renesis
03-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Yeah well I've been around longer than you might think and have quite a few builds under my belt. The only econo board sabers I have is the one I made for my daughter. So I don't consider my self a noob, I just don't run around and try to post in every thread and answer every question. Nor do I throw my hands in the air and go running to mamma when it gets asked more than once. I don't like being spoonfed, building a saber, learning and experimenting is 50% of the joy of building these things.

Anyway, i have other things in my life other than worrying about upping my post count. You know the old saying, if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it at all. This should be the core rule for posting on these forums. Would make it a much nicer place.

With that being said...What's worse than asking a question that's been answered more than once? Giving the wrong advice... Some people have done that more than a few times... 3w dx rgb @ 1400ma... Please!!! I think I'll stick to the advice coming from the Masters. Even if other people repeat themselves another 1000 times.

If you read my first I started by saying: I believe this question has not been asked and I believed there was a possibility considering the card accepts light/dark fonts. I asked, especially because there is a "force" file which isn't used on both fonts so maybe just maybe there was a chance. I accept j-lo's post, she is a master, a pioneer AND A MODERATOR but her rhetorical question needed no answer.

Sorry for the complete derail. Mods Please feel free to remove my last couple of posts.

virus692
03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I asked, especially because there is a "force" file which isn't used on both fonts so maybe just maybe there was a chance. I accept j-lo's post, she is a master, a pioneer AND A MODERATOR but her rhetorical question needed no answer.

Sorry for the complete derail. Mods Please feel free to remove my last couple of posts.

The "force" file is there as a option for the Aux button it can replace the "blaster" file ... its in the manual...Page 20 Paragraph 4

Lord Dottore Matto
03-17-2011, 12:55 PM

This type of behavior from more senior members is frowned upon by the Council. If you see it, report it to one of us please.

LOL, I like it too. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Back to the topic at hand though...I understand that the PC-L is locked and I'm cool with that. I just wonder how that is really possible. I'm not going to go hacking around on my board but it seems like something that certainly could be done if one wanted to violate one's warranty.

It would do more than that. Such a person would be placed on the "no sell" list and would lose their ability to buy PC ever again. I am not getting on IndustrialAction's "hiney" here, but this needs to be understood by everyone. I really believe that 95% of the folks here already "get it", but for anyone still wondering if he/she/it should try to "get over", let me assure you that we are watching. This board is more our "baby" than simply a "product". We are sharing because there are a ton of great folks in the community and we want to spread the love, but we also expect everyone to act like adults and not spoiled children. Spoiled children tend to lose their privileges after all ;)

In summation, Zook and I have posted the rules. The rules are the rules. We will not change the rules no matter how much complaining people do. If people do not like the rules they are free not to use the product. I am not sure how to be more clear about this. This is not open to debate in any way.

Darth Xusia
03-17-2011, 01:09 PM
It would do more than that. Such a person would be placed on the "no sell" list and would lose their ability to buy PC ever again. We are serious about the rules and if the community cannot "play nice" then the PCMG would seriously consider "taking our ball and going home".

I am really not sure whay we are discussing this. I have posted the rules. The rules are the rules. We will not change the rules no matter how much complaining people do. If people do not like the rules they are free not to use the product. I am not sure how to be more clear about this. This is not open to debate in any way.

I don't understand what all of the complaining is about either. I don't remember anybody complaining about the single font
for the US boards, so why do it with this one? I mean, would we hear all of this repetative whining about it if nobody but the
PCMG knew it was made by Plecter Labs? No. If it was kept a secret from the general public about who made it or it was stated
that it was the new TCSS board, made by TCSS, nobody would be complaining at all.

Did you also try to hack your USv2.5 to install a different font? No. You accepted that it was a new soundboard for the community to use
and went about your business. If you want to bypass the rules and hack your PC board to try and install another font, by all means, go ahead.
No one is stopping you. Just don't complain when you hear the FAIL noise.

"Now ,quit yer whinin' and build some sabers." Man I love that quote.

/end rant/

TD-2272
03-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Ok can a admin lock this thread. I started this thread for two question, they wer're answered. I now understand how to set up the sequencer. But to hijack this thread with the same stupid question "why cant I do this" or "why cant I do that" is crazy. People please the rules are made, so stop crying please. The PC-L is great! I'ts alot better than a MR/Hasbro or the failed US Boards all the incarnation of it. I cried a little when the PC-l was released. Hell I've been tring to get my hands on a CF since the first one was made. So come people let's act like we have some sense, and thanks the makers for this awesome board. If you want the PC-U become a established sabersmith, then I think you have shot at one. So can we lay this to rest now. Have some fun and go build a saber.