PDA

View Full Version : Which Do I Use?

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
03-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Hey all, another question (what a drag, I know). What style hole do I use for a SPST Momentary Switch? Guarded or Standard? I am also putting a black rubber switch boot on it if that influences the outcome. But PLEASE help me!

Jedi-Loreen
03-12-2011, 07:25 PM
All you had to do was look at the Category List at the left of the Store page when you clicked on the switch. You would have seen that the Standard Style was in Bold print.

Also, if it's not an AV switch, or a Guarded switch, then it's a Standard Switch.

Paying a little more attention would have allowed you to answer your own question. ;)

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
03-12-2011, 08:13 PM
So, an AV Switch can fit in a Guarded Switch Hole? Okay, so is this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/DPDT-Momentary-yellow-illuminated-switch-P500.aspx an AV Switch?

Jedi-Loreen
03-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Yes, that's an AV switch. But no, it won't fit into a Guarded switch hole, it's too large.

You'd either have to drill it yourself, or order the Machine AV Switch hole Service. There's 2 choices for that, recessed, and not. Much easier to have Tim do it for you, it requires a 16mm hole.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
03-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Okay. Well thank you ... master!