PDA

View Full Version : Dremel rocks!!!

Darth Midian
03-12-2011, 06:57 AM
All I have to say is that Dremel is awesome!!! Some how I blew up my Dremel last week. :( I called them & told the what happend. The CSR asked me how long I had my Dremel, I told her & she said it was still under warrenty. They have 5 year warrenty. The CSR told me to mail it to their service center. The Dremel I blew up & sent to them was the Dremel 400XRP. I recieved my new Dremel yesturday, & they sent me the Dremel 4000. WOW!!! That's awesome customer service.:D
They even threw in a 120 grit sanding flap wheel.

Skottsaber
03-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Lame.
I thought this was a tutorial on dremelling rocks....

Nice to know you got a new dremel though ;)

cardcollector
03-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Excuse me while I go *ahem* work on something in the shop... I could use a new dremel.... ;)

Cool deal man, How did you blow it up if you don't mind me asking?

Darth Midian
03-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I was using my Dremel with the flex shaft. I was making a cut wider, that I just made in a piece of scrap 1" thick walled blade stock with my sanding drum bit. Half way through I noticed the polyC was starting to build up around the sanding drum. My Dremel started to bog down. When that started to happen, I stop sanding & pulled the bit out. As I was pulling it out, it made popping sound, & quit working. I was quite upset. But they took care of me. They're awesome.

Knighthammer
03-12-2011, 02:02 PM
I thought this was a tutorial on dremelling rocks...

I about spit out my soda when I read that - dang you Skott :)

Insomaniac
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't know why but Dremel has always had great customer service. I'm not complaining of course, you just don't often find it nowadays.

Jedi-Loreen
03-12-2011, 08:18 PM
My Dremel is 20 years old. If it dies, I'm sure I'd have to buy a new one.

Borax
03-13-2011, 12:48 AM
I have also blown a dremel while using the flex shaft, I don't think some of the newer ones can handle heavy use with the attachment, and I pretty much never take the flex shaft off since it's so awesome for hand control. I did have to buy a new one though, since my warranty had expired about 3 months prior. But now I have the extended warranty plus the factory one so it sounds like I have nothing to worry about.