PDA

View Full Version : The Official TCSS SWTOR Guild

Skottsaber
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237687/TCSS%20Posts/swtorlogo.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237687/TCSS%20Posts/TCSSX2A_305x158.png
GUILD FORUM (http://tcss.split-world.com/index.php)

Welcome :D

Azmaria Dei and myself would like to announce that, with the new guild system set up over on the Star Wars: The Old Republic website, we are creating and running the Official TCSS Guild in the MMO.

Obviously, with time, there will be a lot more info added to this post, and ideas are free to be discussed.
The guild will be Republic orientated, and PvE. (Click for definition) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237687/What%20PvE%20means.txt) Registration will be open to pretty much anyone anyone, so if you want to play with us, and also invite your friends that's no problem, the more the merrier ;)

If Tim reads this, we will be happy to give a nod in your direction on the guild page should you desire it, but we won't do this without your consent. Also, I'm 90% sure that the guild pages have message boards of their own, so hopefully once the page is all set up we can move from here to there, so as not to clog up the section.

To join: Create a character on the server named: The Harbinger, in any of the 4 republic classes. Then use the /whisper command to contact either Azmaria, Lacen (me), or Seleh and we'll invite you. Also make sure to sign up on the separate forums and take a look around there.

MTFBWY
Skott and Azmaria :D

Azmaria Dei
03-09-2011, 01:22 PM
as a reminder, remember to put your TCSS name in your application. i will let it sit unapproved until i get confirmation of who you are.

TCSS has won and is the official name! the others are on record below.

-=Nominated Names=-
Interplanetary House of Curry (IHOC)
Nerf Hurters
The Coruscanti Saber Society
Tim's Colorful Saber Smiths
TCSS
The Collective Sith Slayers
Trans Cognitive Sizzling Sabers

Knighthammer
03-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Awesome idea! I'm so looking forward to this game =)

Takanis
03-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Woo Hoo! Im in.

Darth_Dadderall
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Can I go on record as saying we should be called the Nerf Hurters? 'cuz if they nerf something I want to hurt them.

Skottsaber
03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Name suggestions are highly encouraged :D

jin starkiller
03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
awsome idea

Count Malik
03-09-2011, 04:24 PM
im so down over here!!

Knighthammer
03-09-2011, 04:25 PM

Trying to play off of TCSS

Treadingwolf
03-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Nice. This sounds like fun.

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-09-2011, 05:32 PM

Trying to play off of TCSS

I like that name...very clever use of TCSS initials.

Outside Enemy
03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't think that I meet the requirements for being in good standing on the TCSS forum, but I'd love to be part of this guild. I'll be pre-ordering TOR without question.

Also, in terms of names, I have to suggest 'TCSS' (contingent on Tim approval, of course) It just sounds like serious business :)

IndustrialAction
03-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I'd be in as well. I know I'm a newb to saber building but not to gaming.

Rafalema
03-09-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure will I be buying this game..

But if I will then I'm surely in. :cool:

Skott, the "Click here for definition" doesn't work? At least not for me?

EDIT: Skott fixed the link ;)

Knighthammer
03-09-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm assuming that this announcment is related to the "Pre-Launch Guild Program" on SW TOR's site today? =)

BeamiestRocket4
03-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Too bad i am going to be playing as the sith empire but a name could be Tim's Colorful Saber Smiths.

Skottsaber
03-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Definitely looks like the name is going to be something with the initials TCSS then.
Unless somebody else has an awesome idea.

Also, to do with letting people join, I doubt it'll be too strict, again, it's more of a precaution to stop people just joining up here just so they can join the guild.

Raf, my fail. I forgot to save the .txt which is why there is no text... *facepalm*
I'll fix that when I get home.

Edit: Fixed ;)

vctrsone
03-10-2011, 01:31 AM
yer see you all on the battle field. I wont be on the republic side.

JamoUp
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I plan on playing a lot.

Jedi-Loreen
03-10-2011, 10:37 AM
I suppose most everyone's going to want to be a Jedi in this Guild.

I'm waiting to see how long it's going to take for someone to start a Darkside Guild.

Skottsaber
03-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Not I.
I'm a smuggler :D

Also, add me on SWTOR. My display name is LacenDrak.

Outside Enemy
03-10-2011, 11:22 AM
I suppose most everyone's going to want to be a Jedi in this Guild.

I suspect that you are right, though you may be surprised once it actually comes to rolling characters.

That being said, while I was originally drawn toward playing a jedi consular (and their support AC), I find that I am increasingly intrigued by what's being done with the trooper in terms of both thematics and game mechanics. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

+++EDIT: Also, I'm on the SWTOR forums as Outside_Enemy+++

Azmaria Dei
03-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm waiting to see how long it's going to take for someone to start a Darkside Guild.

i heard a rumor that sloth is going to be doing that sort of thing.

my name on there is Azmaria_Dei

Loachri MacTalabh
03-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Sounds like fun, can't wait.
Name; Laochri MacTalabh (not Loachri like username. I miss spelled it.)http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/Laochri/e1adb46b.jpg

Trying to play off of TCSSThats a good one; got my vote.

Knighthammer
03-10-2011, 05:28 PM

Why don't we make them one in the same - just a thought...

Honestly, I plan on rolling both sides of the force for characters...I can see 1-3 darksiders and just as many lightsiders.

For all you got friend request from Tralus - its me. TCSS folks, feel free to add me if you want.

Also - question, I have several friends (and a wife) that will be playing SWTOR. Is the guild going to be open to those outside the TCSS family? If need be I can leave one toon in the TCSS guild and others outside or in another guild.

Kant Lavar
03-10-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm planning on joining a more role-playing focused guild, but hopefully I'll see you guys around some!

Boj-Vaati Mau
03-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Would love to but it'll have to be later in the year. I'll need a new system or a serious upgrade to run the software.
I did, however, register today.

Jedi-Loreen
03-11-2011, 02:26 AM
I'm JediLoreen on the Forums there.

Original, huh? :p

Invisas1979
03-11-2011, 04:55 AM
The collective Sith Slayers

Invisas is my username ;-)

vctrsone
03-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Vctrsone is mine lol...anyway il join a tcss Sith guild :) Il be playing the game a LOT from launch. il be looking to do a lot of pve instance and group play and Il be rolling a Sith warrior first for tanking.
Hopefully we are now getting close to its launch date.

Jedi-Loreen
03-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Sounds like fun, can't wait.
Name; Laochri MacTalabh (not Loachri like username. I miss spelled it.)http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/Laochri/e1adb46b.jpg

It's not finding you in the Database. Even without the space. Did you misspell your misspelling and spell it correctly in your post here? :confused:

I just changed my Avatar from a female Jedi 4954 to a female Trooper 4952, because I'm thinking that's what I'm going to play as.

Ok, so she's an armored Bounty Hunter, but I don't want to be a faceless, helmeted Trooper for my Avatar, so there. :p

I like this Smuggler, too 4953

Ronan
03-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Can't wait for the gameeeeee :P

Me and my brother getting the pre-order as soon its available.

I'll be a Jedi and his going for a rep trooper :)

Can't wait to see you guys and girls in game :)

Loachri MacTalabh
03-11-2011, 09:27 PM
It's not finding you in the Database. Even without the space. Did you misspell your misspelling and spell it correctly in your post here? :confused:Maybe I am the one confused,
Registration will be open to anyone who is established well on the forum. This is to keep people from just joining here to register on the guild. For now the rule will be if we see you in the shoutbox (even if very occasionally) and/or you have a good post count (300+) you can be eligible to join. The shoutbox rule is for people who are present on the forums, but don't post a lot, e.g Cordaroyfog.Is it this forum it is talking about? I haven' registered over at SWTOR yet, heading over there now to do just that.

Jedi-Loreen
03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
We're giving our user names for the SWTOR forums. I guess you didn't notice that some of the User names posted are different than people's names used here. That should have been a clue. ;)

And yes, Skott is talking about people who are well established on this forum, TCSS.

Loachri MacTalabh
03-11-2011, 09:50 PM
:oops:Duh.. Is it OK to palmface myself? Any how I am all registered now.
The name is LaochriMacTalabh.

Jedi-Loreen
03-11-2011, 10:20 PM
No, but you can facepalm yourself. :p

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
03-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Will there be any other restrictions or rules on joining?

Azmaria Dei
03-11-2011, 10:29 PM
basically what's laid out in the first post.

though if someone is a troll, we reserve the right to decline that person. ^_^

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
03-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Very cool, thanks. Okay, so if I wanna do this, I need more experience here on TCSS. No problem!

Ambo
03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Lets see....do i qualify Jlo? I am the same there as here. Was looking to find a guild to join on there and figured i would look here to see if you were going to start something for the guild....Who better to fight with, but those i crafted my sabers with back in the good ol days....Muahahahahaha.

Loachri MacTalabh
03-12-2011, 12:51 AM
No, but you can facepalm yourself. :pNo? Never mind.
:DI see you found me.

Azmaria Dei
03-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Ambo, i think you qualify. ^_^

if there are no other name suggestions, when i wake up next i'll start a poll about the name.

Boj-Vaati Mau
03-12-2011, 04:02 AM
One each with the name Boj-Vaati.http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar11.gif

Skottsaber
03-12-2011, 04:13 AM
To reiterate:

To qualify to join you only need to be a good standing member here. The rules are only in place to protect the guild from having random people join TCSS with no interest in building sabers.
I think it is time to make a poll, if no name suggestions are going to be posted.

And I ask for people not to vote unless they know or are thinking of playing.

Oh, and Az, I'll just turn this thread into a poll, no need to clutter up the section. ;)

Outside Enemy
03-12-2011, 08:27 AM
If it isn't too presumptuous, I've tried to send friend requests to people on the SWTOR forums who have shown an interest (or who are rumored to be interested) in a TCSS guild. As posted earlier, I'm Outside_Enemy over there. Please be my friend.

I tried to resist my natural tendency to organize and keep track of things... I failed; I couldn't help myself :)

Azmaria Dei
03-12-2011, 01:42 PM
well then convert it to a poll. i think we have enough names to pick from now.

also, i'm proposing that members also have built at least 1 saber that lights up. (waiverable of course) OR that they have a council or admin member vouch for their integrity.

Skottsaber
03-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I like the saber idea, but perhaps it might not be a good idea to bring this forum's admin into this?
This should be more of an autonomous thing from the forums here, IMO.

But I won't be against it should a mod/admin here approve.

I would like to hear people's opinions on this though. It is yours as much as ours.
Also turns out I can't convert this thread into a poll, http://www.tiki-taka.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/images_smilies_facepalm.gif so another thread will soon be made by Azmaria.

Azmaria Dei
03-12-2011, 01:52 PM
poll is up!

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?12638-TCSS-TOR-Guild-Name-Poll

Knighthammer
03-12-2011, 01:58 PM
FYI - there appears to be a 24 character limit to the names of the guilds.
Due to the number of friends and wife that are not part of TCSS, I’ve setup my own guild with them. However I'm more than willing to team up, support & play with any TCSS members that wish to once the game comes out.
I would also propose an "alliance" with my Guild and what TCSS chooses, since that is allowed and apparently will help determine server placements, so we can team up and play. I look forward to seeing any fellow TCSS member in game!

Skottsaber
03-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I agree. We plan to make the Sloth Empire our adversaries :lol:
I just need to confirm that different types (i.e PvP, PvE etc.) can be placed on the same server.

ARKM
03-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't do guilds but I will be more than happy to team up with any of you in game. I won't have a username until I create a character after launch. When that happens, I'll post it here.

Azmaria Dei
03-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I agree. We plan to make the Sloth Empire our adversaries :lol:
I just need to confirm that different types (i.e PvP, PvE etc.) can be placed on the same server.

normally those types of play are on completely different servers.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
If anyone wants to friend me, my username for TOR is Revanmaster

Loachri MacTalabh
03-12-2011, 07:11 PM
I just thought of a good question, (at least right now for me it is). Do I need a head set, or a mic?

Viper1
03-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Just wanted to check if you had made it part of the membership criteria to have made at least one Saber? I'd love to get involved but I'm afraid all i have is a wish list of parts for my first Saber and my post count is rather feeble. If i'm not eligable to join I'm cool with that, I can wait till later in the year when my Saber has become a reality and you all know me a bit better.

Azmaria Dei
03-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Just wanted to check if you had made it part of the membership criteria to have made at least one Saber? I'd love to get involved but I'm afraid all i have is a wish list of parts for my first Saber and my post count is rather feeble. If i'm not eligable to join I'm cool with that, I can wait till later in the year when my Saber has become a reality and you all know me a bit better.

that hasn't been added to the requirements list. and by the time SWTOR comes out i'm sure you'll have one anyway.

Skottsaber
03-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Nice to see so many voters in the poll.
Excepting Az and I, that makes at least 23 interested parties so far. :D
Thanks for all the support guys.

Skottsaber
03-17-2011, 09:14 AM
EDIT: BLESSINGS BE UPON US!

:D:D
Tim approves and therefore I can announce:

The Official SWTOR TCSS Guild (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/46440/tcss)
Join away!

(Note, acceptance may take a while as Azmaria is still asleep ;), also, on your application, just mention your forum name in one of the text boxes, so we know who is who. Thanks :))

Jedi-Loreen
03-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm having trouble applying. The floaty window keeps moving down my screen and won't allow me to click on "Next" to answer more questions or click on "Apply". :???:

Skottsaber
03-17-2011, 10:23 AM
It's a test ;)

(Seriously though, swtor.com doesn't like other browsers. Are you using Internet Explorer? If not try it with that. I found it didn't like chrome at all, so i used IE and it worked fine.)

Jedi-Loreen
03-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Ok, it let me answer questions, but I still can't get to the Apply to this Guild button.

ecko
03-17-2011, 11:35 AM
It's a test ;)

(Seriously though, swtor.com doesn't like other browsers. Are you using Internet Explorer? If not try it with that. I found it didn't like chrome at all, so i used IE and it worked fine.)

Huh that's funny. I was able to Apply with Chrome just fine.

Outside Enemy
03-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Fantastic! /inc application!

+++EDIT: Application sent via Safari without issue. Also, the entire guild HQ system has a few well-known bugs if you check out the bug forum. Amongst them are interface problems (as J-Lo describes) and forum problems (editing posts often makes them disappear, etc)+++

Skottsaber
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
That would explain why I had to repost the welcome thread...

Azmaria Dei
03-17-2011, 01:12 PM
That would explain why I had to repost the welcome thread...

yeah that makes complete sense now...

also, i had to use FF to actually make the guild, so that should work too.

Jedi-Loreen
03-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Ok, finally got the Apply to guild to work. For me, it was as simple as zooming out my browser screen.

Boj-Vaati Mau
03-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that, Loreen, I had the same issue. My application is now in.

Azmaria Dei
03-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that, Loreen, I had the same issue. My application is now in.

and now it's been approved. ^_^

Camarius
03-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Ive been a long time reader and when I saw this I was estatic... Never really posted anything, so i guess ill have to start shouting? Let my first official shout be, I love this site and the community that it consists of ...oh and star wars and swtor is going to be amazing!

Loachri MacTalabh
03-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Ive been a long time reader and when I saw this I was estatic... Never really posted anything, so i guess ill have to start shouting? Let my first official shout be, I love this site and the community that it consists of ...oh and star wars and swtor is going to be amazing!First, Welcome. You should introduce your self in the Start Here section. Thats not what it's ment by shouts. A shoutbox is prestnted when you have a number of posts. Read http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?7005-TCSS-Chat-Rules-All-members-please-read.&highlight=shoutbox

Azmaria Dei
03-18-2011, 02:37 PM
as a reminder, please remember to put your TCSS username in the application. i just approved one 'giantheman' and i don't actually know who they are, but they talked nice about TCSS, so i hit approve for now...

that's not going to happen again.

also, will 'giantheman' please declare themselves?

Thanks.
Az

Fantom
03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
i would join but i already joined my old clan from Jedi knight jedi academy. maybe we could ally up if that is an option?

Azmaria Dei
03-18-2011, 06:19 PM
i think we can do that. what's the mission statement of your group? ours is "fun".

Fantom
03-18-2011, 11:12 PM
we are for sure there to have fun. we have a focus set on PvP as we were a battle clan back in JKA but i know a few of us will also be in the PvE scene as well. but i can say this for all the members that they are a select group that respects each other and others in the gaming community. we are not trying to troll or flame the gaming community but just there to play the game and fool around.

Azmaria Dei
03-18-2011, 11:27 PM
gotcha. no worries then. ^_^ we'll see how it turns out.

Azmaria Dei
03-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Since the SW TOR forums are fraught with failures and bugs, I've set up a new forum for us on my private server. The address is HERE ('http://tcss.split-world.com/index.php'). I know it's a pain to register in 3 places for all this, but please do so. I'm pretty sure i have the foundation set up now, so we can just call that our permanent home so that we don't take up too much of Tim's bandwidth on his forums.

Thanks! ^_^
Az

Skottsaber
03-19-2011, 09:29 AM
And to that end, I think it is probably best to leave this thread alone, except for informational purposes, from now on.
Thanks, guys :D

First post edited with all new info ;)

Camarius
03-23-2011, 06:39 PM
sorry i edited the application after realizing that my name isnt the same... giantheman is me and i also stated this in the guild forum introduction too. sorry for the confusion and i apologize that i forgot to state it... i understand if you want to kick me out until i meet the certain requirements i think im a couple posts off from the minimum... i just didnt want to reply to threads for the count (not my style) so ive been slow to get 10 for the shoutbox

Azmaria Dei
03-23-2011, 09:14 PM
sorry i edited the application after realizing that my name isnt the same... giantheman is me and i also stated this in the guild forum introduction too. sorry for the confusion and i apologize that i forgot to state it... i understand if you want to kick me out until i meet the certain requirements i think im a couple posts off from the minimum... i just didnt want to reply to threads for the count (not my style) so ive been slow to get 10 for the shoutbox

no worries, you've lurked enough for me. AND you sound like a valuable player too, so that helps. ^_^

Skottsaber
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Bumping this in case some people missed it :D

Boj-Vaati Mau
04-09-2011, 10:30 AM
That's okay as this thread here is only mostly dead! :D

Jedi-Loreen
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Where's Miracle Max when we need him? ;)

Ronan
04-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Any ETA for the release? Iv been so busy, i haven't kept up to date :(

jin starkiller
04-09-2011, 01:12 PM
last I heard i believe they said was going to be July

Skottsaber
04-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Nope. Nothing official from Bioware yet, save for "Spring 2011".
People were saying it was going to be march 31st, but nope. People have said April release also, and if not April it will be September probably.
But with all the new content coming out, I'm confident it will be reasonably soon.

MedicineMan
06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
What about " The Council of Saber-Smiths"

Rei
07-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Darn show's how long I've been tardy for if I missed this whole thread!

I'm listed in a friends PVP guild on the official site, but I'd love to do some PVE with you guys. Keep us posted on which server they put you on!

As for release date, I speculate September or November, one month before or after the next biggest EA release Battlefield 3.

Azmaria Dei
07-03-2011, 12:30 AM
oh we certainly will. and i'm guessing october to december for release myself.

Skottsaber
07-03-2011, 08:59 AM
T_T I want it now though... *activates teenage lack of patience* :roll:

Yay for threadbump :D

Rian Jardrit
07-03-2011, 10:33 PM
To quote Luke on this: "I WILL NEVER JOIN YOU!" (for I R Goiwn B SITH! <*insert evil laughter here>)
Ok, ok, sure, I'll make Republic toons as well... but main stays Sith!
Gonna see and FEEL the game on August 17 during Gamescom in germany!! :D

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I realize this is an older thread but... I applied for the guild, when will I be accepted?

Loachri MacTalabh
07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/Laochri/de07b443.png
Our fearless leaders are it depends on how busy. It will be long not. Herh herh herh.

Website you should visit, there is.
http://tcss.split-world.com/index.php

Jedi-Loreen
07-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Sorry, but, Yoda speak FAIL. :p

Should be more like "On our fearless leaders it depends on how busy are they. Not long, it will be."

Loachri MacTalabh
07-18-2011, 02:24 PM
:oops:I cheated! I used a Yoda Translator;)

Jedi-Loreen
07-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Well then, that translator is no good. It looks like it just put the words together in a random order, instead of a convoluted way where the words still make sense together.

DarthMatt
07-20-2011, 09:25 AM
That would be great to play with everyone here. I'm already in a guild of 50 on a PVP server, but I plan on playing multiple characters, I'll look you up after launch on which server and info.

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Failed, the Yoda traslator did! In the rubbish heap on Raxus Prime, it belongs, yes! ;)

DarthPawley
07-21-2011, 05:20 AM
SWTOR preorders are open, with early access to play via code redemption and game client download to follow.
Still no release date.
I think that early access is likely to begin in october when SWG stops accepting new accounts with retail release in early december when SWG closes down.

Skottsaber
07-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Got my copy of the collectors edition :D
Post if you got a copy too!

DarthPawley
07-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Yep, before I posted the previous comment.

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Just ordered Standard copies for myself and m'Lady. Best Buy is currently showing a release/ship of 12/31/11. We'll see if that sticks...
Adendum: Pick up is the week from 12/31 to 1/8/12. Money gone & preorder code redeemed! Now I'll need to make sure both systems can deal with it. ;)
I have also sent friends requests to all in the TCSS guild on the SW:TOR website.

Invisas1979
07-23-2011, 03:34 AM

Should be more like "On our fearless leaders it depends, on how busy are they. Not long, it will be."

Thought I'd add a comma in that first sentence..... ;-)

KuroChou
07-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Should be more like "On our fearless leaders it depends, on how busy are they. Not long, it will be."
Thought I'd add a comma in that first sentence..... ;-)

If you really want to get nitpicky about the proper punctuation for the cadence, then you need another one.

"On our fearless leaders, it depends, on how busy are they. Not long, it will be."

Though I would prefer to completely reformat the thought order.

"On how busy are they, our fearless leaders, it depends. Not long it will be."

Azmaria Dei
07-23-2011, 09:05 AM
sigh... in English with Japanese grammar Yoda does speak. study this you must, before attempt you make.

how busy, upon fearless leaders does it rest. over your wait is. approved you have been. daily do i not check. patience people must have.

^_^

Skottsaber
07-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Spoken, Yoda has. :mrgreen:

KuroChou
07-23-2011, 10:42 AM
sigh... in English with Japanese grammar Yoda does speak. study this you must, before attempt you make.

how busy, upon fearless leaders does it rest. over your wait is. approved you have been. daily do i not check. patience people must have.

^_^
I involuntarily read that with Hynden Walch's voice...

If I wanted true Yoda grammar, I would have rewritten it completely. I was only trying to further fix what seems to have been an irreparably broken phrase.

Ronan
07-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Pre-ordered regular version x2.

Didn't find the collectors edition worth the additional $100.

Skottsaber
07-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah I'd say preordering now is going to be hit or miss finding copies, unless you go into a physical store and ask.
Have you tried Amazon for the CE?

cordaroyfog
07-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Pre-ordered regular version x2.

Didn't find the collectors edition worth the additional $100.

Same picked up the Reg, looking forward to it!

Azmaria Dei
07-24-2011, 06:51 AM
eh... regular version isn't worth it for me... had to get the collector's edition... O.o

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-26-2011, 01:44 PM
If I had my way, I'd get the CE, but my dad will probly only get me the Standard, if any.

Tarrell
07-26-2011, 05:18 PM
eh... regular version isn't worth it for me... had to get the collector's edition... O.o

Rubbing it in. Ill just wait for the standard, unless we get a CE release in Aus.

Ronan
07-26-2011, 08:40 PM

and thats why theirs a collector's edition... ;)

Rei
07-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I got my CE ordered from Amazon last week. Hopefully see people in the September beta... Now to keep all toes crossed for early release in November!

(null).exe
07-27-2011, 06:28 AM
x2 CE for me and the wife :D

Skottsaber
07-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Is that one of the normal CE's or is it one of those insane Bioware only ones?

Azmaria Dei
07-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Is that one of the normal CE's or is it one of those insane Bioware only ones?

i'm betting Bioware only with the extra QA package. ^_^

(null).exe
07-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of a "special" BioWare-only package, but in reference to my above post, I did go into a Gamestop and purchase 2 Collector's Edition Pre-Orders, just like all of you peons...I mean valued customers ^.^

Boj-Vaati Mau
07-27-2011, 04:56 PM
*chuckles* As well you should, sir! In touch with your constituency, keeps you it does! I look forward to questing with such august company as TCSS Guildmembers. :-D

Outside Enemy
07-27-2011, 06:46 PM
There's a poll on the guild forum about trinity roles. I highly encourage everyone in the guild to get in on that.

Stand up and be counted!

Skottsaber
07-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Yes, please do vote in that poll, members.
It will be significant help to everyone after launch (and you can change your vote, so don't be worried about your play style changing after your vote.

MedicineMan
07-28-2011, 07:41 AM
What about " The Council of Saber-Smiths"

This is such a great guild name. Whoever thought of this is an acronym GENIUS!

Skottsaber
09-21-2011, 10:55 AM
We would like to welcome our first Ally guild - Tapani Order, of whom Knighthammer is a member of note ;)

And a bump for new members :cool:

Knighthammer
09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
We would like to welcome our first Ally guild - Tapani Order, of whom Knighthammer is a member of note ;)

Thanks Skott - glad to be aligned with my favorite saber site. Look forward to playing SWTOR with some of the best people on the web!

Zzan
09-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Application sent. I don't know if I fit the "established on the Forum" requirement as I am relatively new here. Though I have successfully built my own TCSS saber with the knowledge that I have acquired by lurking here.

Zzan

Skottsaber
09-21-2011, 01:32 PM
No worries - a lot of members of the guild probably don't suit that requirement ;)
Glad to have you aboard!

Ronan
11-15-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm going to necro :)

Can't wait to see you guys in-game.

Since i haven't been keeping up with this thread, have we decided on a realm/server?

Skottsaber
11-16-2011, 01:31 AM
There's no server list yet... well officially anyways ;)

I guess in this next beta weekend there'll be a post detailing which server we'll try to coordinate play on.

Boj-Vaati Mau
11-16-2011, 05:23 PM
And thus another Necronaut is born! Counting down Ronan.... :D

Skottsaber
11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Clear your calendars everyone!
The beta weekend which everyone is invited to is scheduled for the 25th to the 28th of this month.

Knighthammer
11-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Keep me in the loop Skott as to the server - I'll try and start up on there.

Ronan
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Clear your calendars everyone!
The beta weekend which everyone is invited to is scheduled for the 25th to the 28th of this month.

AWESOME! The ONE weekend i can't make it................

IndustrialAction
11-17-2011, 07:52 PM
If anyone needs a beta testing code, send me a PM. I have a friend code.

Skottsaber
11-18-2011, 12:29 AM
That's for the upcoming weekend right?

If so, just a note to everyone that you don't need to get one of the codes from affiliated websites if you were signed up for testing on swtor.com before 11/11/11 and got an email saying you were in. If you register an external code it might influence your chance at getting in.

EDIT: Also, happy one month to launch day! :mrgreen:

IndustrialAction
11-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Yep, it is for the upcoming weekend, here's what I got...

As a special thank you for pre-ordering Star Wars: The Old Republic from Origin, we're giving you two Beta Codes for you and a friend to play together in the upcoming Beta! Hurry, codes must be redeemed by 11/18/11.

1. Share one of the enclosed Beta Codes, along with these instructions, with a friend who might like the game.

2. Log in to your Star Wars: The Old Republic account or create a new one and opt in to the Game Testing Program. Your participation in the Game Testing Program is subject to the Game Testing Agreement.

3. Redeem your Beta code before 11:59 PM CST on 11/18/11.

4. You will receive an invitation to the Beta at a later date. Be sure to add the address noreply@bioware.swtor.com to your safe senders list so you get the invite.

Skottsaber
11-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Wow! Hadn't seen that promotion before.
Yeah, that's for the weekend testing, if it was a game testing code then you would have had a PM from me :p

Azmaria Dei
11-18-2011, 07:44 AM
may i recommend Cosmic Turbine? it's a solid beta tester server. most of my characters are there too.

also, when we find out where they're placing us, i'll be posting that on the guild forum.

ARKM
11-18-2011, 12:48 PM
may i recommend Cosmic Turbine?

That's the one I chose when I beta tested last weekend. The name called to me for some reason.

Azmaria Dei
11-18-2011, 12:51 PM
That's the one I chose when I beta tested last weekend. The name called to me for some reason.

the force guided your actions. ^_^

Skottsaber
11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10939389#edit10939389

The NDA part of the game testing agreement has been lifted. Somebody had better prepare the internet for the deluge of information about to be unleashed onto it.

Azmaria Dei
11-18-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10939389#edit10939389

The NDA part of the game testing agreement has been lifted. Somebody had better prepare the internet for the deluge of information about to be unleashed onto it.

there's a lot of lag on Nar Shaada - turn down your graphics settings while in the promenade. they did Alderaan justice. i found geonosians on Tatooine.

ARKM
11-18-2011, 01:33 PM
While I enjoyed aspects of the game, even with the travel system and 30 min rechargable travel power, I felt that I was walking long distances waaaay too much. Felt like the standard MMO grind to me. Purchasable mounts/vehicles like in SWG would have been preferable. However that is understandable during the first part of the game (levels 1-10) as you need to fight all the baddies you come across to gain xp to level up.

Another beef I have is that the Jedi Knight class (the only one I have played so far) does not have enough force power attacks (at least up to the level I reached before my beta test was over). In fact, it has none at all that don't involve a lightsaber. Even Darth Maul used telekinesis to move an object... once.

Coruscant was cool. Very large place and I'm sure I did not explore most of it.

TIP: All of the mass transit/speeder travel facilites have a "bind point" that you will want to click on to "discover" that location so that you can travel to it using the travel system (some will already be discovered for you in certain zones). Also, there are other bindable glowies near the mass transit stations and spread throughout Coruscant that you will want to click on to "bind" for the travel power itself. Fortunately, clicking on one does not unbind a previous one you clicked on. It just adds that location to the "list" of ones you can travel to.

Azmaria Dei
11-18-2011, 01:41 PM
i really didn't have any of the issues you mentioned...

as for the Knight, they're saber combat oriented. heck, the consular as far as i played that (26) only has 2 lightsaber attacks.

Skottsaber
11-18-2011, 05:58 PM
ARKM: Did you get to level 14 or so? That's when you unlock your sprint ability.

ARKM
11-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I think I only got up to lvl 12 or 13.

Sprint sounds like a good ability to have.

MedicineMan
11-20-2011, 07:15 PM
sure beats just the default run and walk. that's for sure.

Nightstorm
12-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Hello all,

Many of you know me from other forums even though I don't post a lot on TCSS. My wife and I are going to be playing TOR and are very interested in playing with friends. She doesn't have an account yet on any of the forums however. We'd like to join up.

Skottsaber
12-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Glad to have you aboard! :D
The pre-launch guild program on www.swtor.com ends tomorrow I think, so make sure you're signed up there ASAP, so you can be placed with us on launch day. You can also join our forums at tcss.split-world.com, where the main discussion is.

Rhyen Skytracker
12-03-2011, 09:36 AM
I was one of the fortunate ones to get to play it for both weekends. hehe I did notice that they are having something going on now about setting up the guilds for testing. Anyone have any details on that?

Azmaria Dei
12-03-2011, 12:08 PM
they JUST locked them. no official word yet, but they should be assigning servers and deploying the guilds now.

Ronan
12-03-2011, 10:21 PM
they JUST locked them. no official word yet, but they should be assigning servers and deploying the guilds now.

I'm not up to date but have we decided on a server? Be sure to let me know so my brother and I join the right server :P

Azmaria Dei
12-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm not up to date but have we decided on a server? Be sure to let me know so my brother and I join the right server :P

as soon as they assign us a server i'll be posting it on the guild forums and here.

Skottsaber
12-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Server info is coming tomorrow.

Rhyen Skytracker
12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Good thing the server info is coming tomorrow since I got an email saying that the early release was Tue the 13th. I guess since I will more than likely be on a new server that I will have to start all over with all my classes, right?

Skottsaber
12-11-2011, 12:16 PM
If you're talking about starting over with your beta characters, then you would have had to anyway. All characters during beta were wiped. Details on which day of early game access you will be in, should be sent on the day that you get invited to play.

Ronan
12-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I expect the first 2-3 days of TOR to be LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGY.

:)

Skottsaber
12-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Actually I doubt it. The stress test weekend was a flood gate opening of all the servers, with something like 750k people all able to log in at once. I had maybe an hour or two of lag on the origin worlds during that weekend. Early access is over an entire week, with waves being let in throughout each day. As long as you can get off of your origin world pretty quickly, things get spread out nicely over the capital world and no lag at all.
But it all remains to be seen ;)

Rhyen Skytracker
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
I was able to test it for 2 weekends and the first weekend there was a lot of lag and I got booted off several times, but the second weekend there was very little lag and I only got booted off once and that was with all the servers completely full. I think it will be fine.

Ronan
12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Lag non-stop, but didn't try last weekend. I'm hoping it's better than the testing i did because urghhhh :p

Skottsaber
12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
The Guild's official server is going to be The Harbinger.

IndustrialAction
12-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I like it!!

Skottsaber
12-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah, it has a nice KoTOR tie-in. :)

MedicineMan
12-12-2011, 11:56 AM
All,

We are rolling on Harbinger! See you there to pwn ze Sith!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/arimore/SWTOR/SWTOR_guild.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/arimore/SWTOR/TCSSallies.jpg

Silver Serpent
12-12-2011, 12:00 PM
This is exciting news!

Maybe after the new year I can find time and/or money to pick up a copy.

Knighthammer
12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
See you all in game soon!!!

Azmaria Dei
12-12-2011, 02:52 PM
i'm still waiting on my official email, but yes, it's on the server named Harbinger. ^_^

Edit:: check that, i JUST got the email! ^_^

Jagahati
12-12-2011, 08:32 PM
I plan to play Sith but I'll roll on Harbinger. See you guys in game.

Knighthammer
12-16-2011, 03:46 PM
I'll leave this right here....6259

Rhyen Skytracker
12-17-2011, 08:08 PM
I am about ready to drop out of the Harbiniger server. I always have to wait way too long. Right now I am in a Queue of 1100. I will probably just sign up on Krayiss Obelisk, an east coast PvE server that is hardly ever full. I know I won't be able to access the TCSS guild there but the way it is now I can't play when I have the chance too.

Skottsaber
12-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Updates from the devs are that population caps (amount of people who can be online before the queue starts) will be increased, as well as more servers added over the launch period. They are definitely on the queue issue, and it is launch after all ;)

Azmaria Dei
12-17-2011, 09:10 PM
it's almost like they put every single guild on that one server... i'm about fed up with it myself... half the time i cancel out because i just don't have time to wait so i can blay for 5 minutes... too much moving to do...

Ronan
12-17-2011, 09:31 PM
You guys have all the fun :D

IndustrialAction
12-19-2011, 10:09 AM
I have about 20 hours in to the game and have never been able to wait long enough to get on Harbinger.

Rhyen Skytracker
12-21-2011, 09:40 PM
it's almost like they put every single guild on that one server... i'm about fed up with it myself... half the time i cancel out because i just don't have time to wait so i can blay for 5 minutes... too much moving to do...

I am too. Even when I get booted off I have to wait 20 minutes to an hour to get back on. I am going to cancel my subscription if they keep that up.

Knighthammer
12-21-2011, 11:44 PM
I've built an alt on Soresu server so if I can't play on The Harbinger at least I can still play something. They need to fix the load on Harbinger regardless though.

MedicineMan
12-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Give it time, younglings. Wait till the shine of TOR is gone, and I'll be there will be little to no queue time. :) Also think of that queue time as time for you to get other things done, while you wait to get in the game.

Skottsaber
12-22-2011, 05:26 PM
The Harbinger is already slipping down on the server lists, it'd down to #3 in the US I think.

FenderBender
12-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah, it's only been a 10 minute or so wait the last two nights. Deanna and I have been playing our Sith characters on that server. Not too bad now, but for a while it was infuriating.

Treadingwolf
12-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Checking to see if you all are still recruiting. I didn't see a join /apply option on the guild page...

MedicineMan
12-26-2011, 06:26 PM
we are always lookin for members. sign up on the forums, there and look for Seleh in game and i'll shoot you a ginvite

Skottsaber
12-27-2011, 02:42 AM
Sorry, I should update the first post *facepalm*
The page on the swtor.com site doesn't really serve a purpose any more.

Temu
01-06-2012, 09:45 PM
LOL well.. of COURSE i don't have a char on the Harbringer Server. Guess it's as good a time as any to spend some time in the light after enjoying playing a honorable but vicious Sith Assassin on a PvP server. Would love to join up.

Got in, Char name same as here.. Temu

Moneurere
01-10-2012, 01:31 AM
How convenient for me...the guild I started with my BF and a few of my friends is on The Harbinger. If you see anyone from the guild "Nerf Herder", tell them D'ro-ti told you to say "hi".

Skottsaber
01-10-2012, 10:58 AM
LOL well.. of COURSE i don't have a char on the Harbringer Server. Guess it's as good a time as any to spend some time in the light after enjoying playing a honorable but vicious Sith Assassin on a PvP server. Would love to join up.

Got in, Char name same as here.. Temu

Would you like a guild invite?

Temu
01-10-2012, 05:51 PM
i'd be honored :)

VicSkimmr
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
First post :) I've been lurking around for a while doing research, but I was curious if we have a thread here with the various concept arts and screen shots of the sabers in game? I've been trying to collect everything that I can as there are some awesome designs in game.

On top of that, we know that Slothfurnace was instrumental with the game so perhaps he might have some additional schematics and stuff he could share?

Do we have a thread somewhere on this that I can't find? It seems like an obvious thing to have given this forum and the game, but I haven't had any luck.

Boj-Vaati Mau
02-16-2012, 11:58 PM
We all were thinking it....so I'm just providing the image....

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww349/Jecull/Lightsabers/Qy-zenJinnorQui-gonFesscrop.jpg

Qy-zen Jinn or Qui-gon Fess? You decide!

Skottsaber
02-17-2012, 12:18 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/482/template.jpg

Ronan
03-07-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm on as Rhonan

Skottsaber
03-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Awesome, I'll send an invite your way when I'm on later. :)

dexios
11-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Anyone still playing? I clicked on the link to the guild page on the first post, and I got a message: "We're sorry, but the guild has collapsed due to overwhelming negative image built up in the first 2 months. Have fun in game. -Management"

I was hoping to switch over to Harbinger and join up...

Skottsaber
11-06-2012, 06:34 AM
There are a couple of us still playing on The Harbinger, however the majority of the original players moved to different servers for a reason unknown to me.
Cordaroyfog & I still play on a near daily basis.

Knighthammer
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
While I was never part of TCSS - I'm on almost daily on Harbinger as well.

VicSkimmr
11-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm there as well, just picked the game back up a couple of weeks ago. I'm under the Older Gamers guild though.

DemonBunnyman
11-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Um I just. 're upped the game had to rename my dood .all my friends n guild stuff poofed

Boj-Vaati Mau
11-13-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm still banging around on Harbinger too. Bojvaati (Sentinel), Boj'vaati (Guardian), Qwikz-awtik (Shadow), Bum-flautus (Gunslinger), and Destruct-ive (Trooper).

Tarrell
11-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Sadly I stopped, Uni and work caught up to and I never found the time to keep playing, but with the free to play comming soon I'll get back on, still have Jameious, Tarrell, and Ermac on the Harbinger

Loachri MacTalabh
11-24-2012, 03:38 PM
I play on Harbinger, but at this moment I can't because my machine took a,,, well, you know. I have to save enough to have a buddy of mine build me a gaming machine. My bounty hunter is at level 15 before my computer crapped out. I'll be back after the end of January.