PDA

View Full Version : pc l sondfonts

cooky069
03-09-2011, 01:16 PM
hi everyone, i was wondering if there was a version of the lightmeat and darkmeat sound fonts available for cf v4 and if so where from? Im not looking to duplicate or distribute them before anyone asks, i mearly want the most comprehencive library of fonts i can get my hands on. i would be very greatfull of any help on the subject

Skottsaber
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm sure if you ask Eastern57 very nicely he may consider it...

Lord Dottore Matto
03-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm sure if you ask Eastern57 very nicely he may consider it...

I can answer this question for you. No. The only way to get hte font is to buy a PC-L and it's associated SD cards. Then the font would have to be ocnverted to .RAW.

cooky069
03-10-2011, 12:06 AM
ok thats cool thanks guys , i will be buying a pc-l when they come back in stock. so im guessing i can use goldwave or similar to convert the sound files to raw as i would if i was converting a v5 sound file to run on my 4.3?

Skottsaber
03-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Yeah, just remember there are slight differences between v5 sound files and PC sound files.
I'm not going to guess, because I can't remember right now and don't want to look like a fool.

Lord Dottore Matto
03-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Skott is correct. PC= not as many blaster or force sounds.

cooky069
03-10-2011, 07:31 AM
i should be ok then, iv used older files from a v3 i think before and just duplicated the force and blaster sounds with no issues. once again many thanks guys.

cooky069
03-25-2011, 06:41 AM
just a quick update. my lightmeat and darkmeat sd cards arrived in the post yesterday, spent this morning transferring and converting the files to raw with goldwave also duplicated the force and blaster sounds. hey presto pc-l soundfonts on cf v4, they sound great and run with no issues whatsoever. so anyone looking to use the fonts on cf should get buying. happy days :-)

Sunrider
03-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Umm... Show some respect Cooky.

Skottsaber
03-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Not sure what you mean sunrider. He bought the sounds, the font maker got paid. If he wants to put the sounds in an ostrich he can.

Sunrider
03-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I was under the impression it was supposed to be specific to the PC L. Perhaps I am mistaken.

neogardyn
03-25-2011, 11:24 AM
I've been seeing today the possibility of calibration of the PC and I'm excited .... very nice ..... there's nothing like read the instructions carefully

Lord Dottore Matto
03-26-2011, 02:02 AM
I was under the impression it was supposed to be specific to the PC L. Perhaps I am mistaken.

You are correct. We did, however, expect that someone would go against the rules and do it.

Azmaria Dei
03-26-2011, 02:08 AM
You are correct. We did, however, expect that someone would go against the rules and do it.

well at least things are proceeding exactly as you have foreseen. ^_^

cooky069
03-26-2011, 03:54 AM
sorry everyone i didnt mean to disrespect i have paid for the fonts fairly and would not distribute them for free or a fee, i would always tell enyone who asked to go buy them from the store. iv not read anywere that i couldent use them for my own personal projects. il be using a pc-l in my next build and wont be trying to use cf fonts in it, iv spent hundreds of pounds on my cf saber so why should i not use any fonts iv paid good money for! also thank you scott il try them in my ostrich later :-)

Arkhan
03-26-2011, 08:39 AM
if he wants to use 8-bit sounds on hit 16-bit capable CF, that is his biz.

I think that mayble sunrider thought the OP had posted how he had hacked the PC-L? that would be disrespectful, indeed.

Lord Dottore Matto
03-27-2011, 02:20 AM
sorry everyone i didnt mean to disrespect i have paid for the fonts fairly and would not distribute them for free or a fee, i would always tell enyone who asked to go buy them from the store. iv not read anywere that i couldent use them for my own personal projects. il be using a pc-l in my next build and wont be trying to use cf fonts in it, iv spent hundreds of pounds on my cf saber so why should i not use any fonts iv paid good money for! also thank you scott il try them in my ostrich later :-)

You are fine. We knew people would od it which is why we did not post it in the rules ;) Also, as long as you bought it legitimately and use it for personal use, we won't be mad at you :lol:

cooky069
03-27-2011, 04:53 AM
thats correct guys no hack involved at all , its from a love of all things cf that i wanted to share my findings nothing more

Jedi-Loreen
03-27-2011, 09:58 AM
I think this thread has served its purpose now.

I'm locking it.

Cooky, if you want it unlocked for some reason, send me a Private Message.