PDA

View Full Version : sinktube adapter

kage_no_mozaiku
02-27-2011, 06:03 AM
ok....ive been looking at the 1.5" adapter for a while now and im still wondering how youre supposed to find the location for drilling the screw holes out. logically youd do it from teh outside cus you obviously cant drill from teh inside and teh adapter sits on the inside so theres no way to use a center finding punch. i dont want to get my hole off and f--k up the threads so some advice and a viable solution would be great...thank you

Azmaria Dei
02-27-2011, 06:22 AM
ok....ive been looking at the 1.5" adapter for a while now and im still wondering how youre supposed to find the location for drilling the screw holes out. logically youd do it from teh outside cus you obviously cant drill from teh inside and teh adapter sits on the inside so theres no way to use a center finding punch. i dont want to get my hole off and f--k up the threads so some advice and a viable solution would be great...thank you

do you mean the sinktube adapter? most people use graph paper to measure and mark it out.

kage_no_mozaiku
02-27-2011, 06:28 AM
do you mean the sinktube adapter? most people use graph paper to measure and mark it out.

-he chuckled- yes az....sinktube....like the tittle of teh thread? and thank you very much. so i just wrap the adapter with graph papaer, punch teh holes with a sharp object or mark them with a pencil and x-fer the marks to the tube? sounds easy enough....even for *me* to do. thanks for all teh help youve been giving me. i really have been learning a lot.

Azmaria Dei
02-27-2011, 06:35 AM
-he chuckled- yes az....sinktube....like the tittle of teh thread? and thank you very much. so i just wrap the adapter with graph papaer, punch teh holes with a sharp object or mark them with a pencil and x-fer the marks to the tube? sounds easy enough....even for *me* to do. thanks for all teh help youve been giving me. i really have been learning a lot.

lol yeah i'm about to head to bed so i missed the title. ^_^

as for the graph paper, measure the distance of the holes from the edge or lip of where you want the screws on the sinktube, mark one set, calculate the outer circumference of the sinktube, and mark the other set of holes half that distance from the first ones. if you did it the way you described, your holes will be off, since the OD of the adapter is smaller than the sinktube.

Loachri MacTalabh
02-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Or you can do like I did. I put the adapter in where I wanted it, Drilled my holes and then re-tap the threads. However I did put 8 screws in.

kage_no_mozaiku
02-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Or you can do like I did. I put the adapter in where I wanted it, Drilled my holes and then re-tap the threads. However I did put 8 screws in.

tht actualy sounds like a better idea and a hellova lot easier, thnx loachri. lol...i think 4 screws will do me nicely.

as for the graph paper, measure the distance of the holes from the edge or lip of where you want the screws on the sinktube, mark one set, calculate the outer circumference of the sinktube, and mark the other set of holes half that distance from the first ones. if you did it the way you described, your holes will be off, since the OD of the adapter is smaller than the sinktube.

oh yeah....i didnt think of tht. and its ok....i miss things when im tired as well. may hachiman okami watch over you.

kage_no_mozaiku
03-07-2011, 01:35 PM
holy crap! i just got one of these today and umm....i wont *need* any screws. the fit is so tight i had to give it hell just to get it *in*! let me tell you.....tht thing aint comin out for *nothin*. not even by an act of parliament is gonna come out.

Jedi-Loreen
03-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I hope the blade doesn't also fit tightly, then you won't want to put a blade retention screw in it, either. :p

kage_no_mozaiku
03-07-2011, 10:03 PM
first, it was a 1.5in adapter....and its sitting next to the pommel with a gear screwed into it. second.....it was the pipe tht made it so tight. i guess it was the fact it was 22G and it *did* have some burs in the cut still. i have a new piece of tubing cus i screwed up the first one and the insert is slipping in and out with at least .007mm gap. o/w...i guess its drill and tap time. bugger....i was hoping not to.

update: forget teh taping/drilling. i was able to find a couple screws tht are the right dai/thread type. theyre like 2.14cm (7/8in) though so im gonna have to cut off quite a bit and redress the threads. but itll save a lot of problems. now if i can get the *holes* in the right place....hmm......