PDA

View Full Version : clash sensor kill switch

kage_no_mozaiku
02-18-2011, 09:37 PM
how could you set up a kill switch so the clash sensor is disabled when the blades not in it? i mean, by all rights, if theres no blade......what's there to clash with? im thinking of a pressure plate at the base of the blade, much like on a riding lawn tractor....but i have no idea where to go from there.

as it is....im thinking if you cut the power to the sensor it may affect the rest of the power flow. so some re-routing or some kind of redundancy line would be required. ....but im just shootin from the hip on THAT one.

no i havnt built one yet, but the diagram for the 2010 obi mod with the PNP, done up by rhyen, looks simple enough that ive decided to start there. i'd like to take a moment to give a shout out to him for drawing up such a nice, clean, simple to read diagram.

on a side note? i hope the senior builders will look at this with some form of interest and not just take it as the words of some crack-pot newb.

thank you for all and any help you give. oh yes and if theres any threads you can think of that may help me with this then PLEASE let me know.

Jordandau
02-19-2011, 04:09 PM
You could put a latching switch in the same line as the clash sensor, when it's open the sensor wouldn't be a complete circuit and won't trigger. Close it and it's just like it was wired correctly. If you're using the econo board there isn't power going to the clash, it just works like a momentary switch.

kage_no_mozaiku
02-19-2011, 06:59 PM
excellent! thanks a lot.....and i didnt know about that last bit until now.