PDA

View Full Version : hilt electronics check up

face palm
02-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey guys just wanting to check up if i have everything i need for the inner electronics part of my build. Any objection or criticism is greatly appreciated, as i DO NOT want to screw things up when it comes to actually getting to this part of the build.

LED
--> Green 10W LedEngin (4 addressable dies -> GGGG), 700 mA, 16.8V total with every die in the series, 7mm x 7mm x 4.3mm, Thermals and Optics are taken care of in the design
more info: http://www.ledengin.com/products/10wLZ/LZ4-00G110.pdf

Sound
--> 2010 Obi-Wan Kenobi Economy Soundboard (lightsaber comes with a free DVD)(Motion and Clash Sensors Included)
-->Premium Speakers (TCSS)

Switch
--> DP3T Slide Switch (mid position acts as momentary, distill position latching)

Power/Misc.
--> 4AA Battery Holder
-->2 Feet of Dual 18 Gauge Wire
-->1 Foot of 3/32" Heatshrink Tubing

Blade
--> LED "Corbin Style" Battle Blade 1" OD x 34" length, Bullet Tip

As most of you can already tell, this set up is similar to cannibal's Spartan build from a few months back, so i have to give him major props for the inspiration. Green also just happens to be my favorite color as well :cool:

I'm not putting the hilt parts in here because the specifics aren't necessary, but here are the hilt dimensions: 1.5" OD x 1.25 ID x 11.86" length, so your standard MHS build.

Like i said, any help/objection/criticism is wanted/most likely needed. Thanks for reading through this. I'm pretty excited about joining the forum community and getting this project made!!

Ronan
02-17-2011, 12:26 AM
huh... that LED requires 16.8v?

How are you going to get that out of 4AA batteries?

Can the econo board even handle that?

I know it's late so i'm hoping i'm misreading something @_@

Jedi-Loreen
02-17-2011, 03:30 AM
18 gauge wire is pretty big. You'll need something smaller to wire your LED dies with. And I'd get more than just 2 ft,extra wire is never a bad thing, in case you mess up, or want to redo something. I don't use anything larger than 24 gauge, now.

Azmaria Dei
02-17-2011, 03:39 AM
i recommend you get the 4 or 6 wire connector things that Tim sells - you get all the colors you will ever need and just enough to do a saber plus a little extra.

face palm
02-18-2011, 12:17 AM
huh... that LED requires 16.8v?
Yeah, I was a little shocked when I first saw this too. I checked the very in-depth description page and found out thats what the voltage is when all for dies are lit in the series. Probably should've addressed that to begin with so i'll edit it in, thanks.

18 gauge wire is pretty big. You'll need something smaller to wire your LED dies with. And I'd get more than just 2 ft,extra wire is never a bad thing, in case you mess up, or want to redo something. I don't use anything larger than 24 gauge, now.
Cool. Thanks for that!

i recommend you get the 4 or 6 wire connector things that Tim sells - you get all the colors you will ever need and just enough to do a saber plus a little extra.
That sounds pretty cool Thanks